Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas – an easy, set-it-and-forget-it meal that the whole family will love!!
There is nothing better than walking in the door after a long day to the amazing aroma of chicken fajitas already made in the crockpot! The prep-time is minimal and the end result is the most flavorful chicken fajitas you have ever tasted. Once it is all cooked all you have to do is add your favorite toppings. My all-time favorite is my homemade fresh guacamole!!!
Topping Suggestions for Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
There are so many toppings that you can add to these slow cooker chicken fajitas but here are a few suggestions:
- Homemade Fresh Guacamole (yes, I said it again because it’s THAT GOOD)
- Creamy Dairy Free Coconut Sour Cream (or another dairy-free sour cream)
- Fresh Cilantro
- Cauliflower Rice
How Long Can I Store This?
This is one of those meals that it great for an easy weeknight meal and then I separate the leftovers out into easy to grab containers for lunch all week! It will keep in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 5 days. I just try to keep the fresh toppings in a separate container to maintain their freshness.
Other Easy Crockpot Dinners
- Pulled Pork Tacos (Slow Cooker + Instant Pot)
- Easy Short Rib Ragu (Slow Cooker + Instant Pot)
- Best Turkey Chili (Slow Cooker + Instant Pot)
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas – an easy, set-it-and-forget-it meal that the whole family will love!! (Whole30, Paleo, DF, & GF)
- 1 batch homemade fajita seasoning
- 4 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 sweet yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- the juice of one lime
- 2–3 roma tomates, quartered
- 4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts (approx. 2 lbs)
- Make one batch of this homemade chicken fajita seasoning recipe.
- Add peppers, onions, tomatoes, garlic and lime juice to slow cooker.
- Toss to combine.
- Place chicken on top and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Cook on HIGH 2 1/2-3 hours (or until chicken is fully cooked) or on LOW 4-6 hours.
- Remove chicken and place on large plate or platter. Use two forks to shred and return meat to slow cooker. Mix to combine.
- Serve immediately.
- if you prefer your peppers to more on the firm side I would recommend putting them in for the last hour or so of cook time.
- Serving suggestions: fresh guacamole, dairy-free sour cream, fresh cilantro and cauliflower rice
Keywords: Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas