Instant Pot Butternut Squash – cooking butternut squash in the Instant Pot is such a huge timesaver! Turns out so well and you save so much time.
(Whole30, Paleo, DF + GF)
The best way to cook butternut squash!
We have been on a serious butternut squash quick lately – and sometimes I just don’t feel like heating up the oven, ya know?! I finally pulled out my Instant Pot and used my Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash recipe as inspiration to figure out the perfect cook time. Hope it helps you out!
What You Will Need
- 1 cup of water
- 1 butternut squash
- your Instant Pot
Tips for Picking the Best Winter Squash
Here is a great list of things to look for when picking out your winter squash! So helpful!
How to Cook Butternut Squash in the Instant Pot
Step 1: Lay your butternut squash on a cutting board
Step 2: cut in half, lengthwise
Step 3: scoop out the seeds
Step 4: add water to Instant Pot
Step 5: place butternut squash in side
Step 6: Cook on High Pressure for 9 minutes
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Dijon Chicken Skillet
- Creamy Lemon Caper Salmon Skillet
- Crockpot Jerk Chicken
- Homemade Roasted Chicken Soup
Thank you so much for reading & supporting The Wooden Skillet! This post includes affiliate links for products I actually use in my own home and personally recommend. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, The Wooden Skillet will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original content. Thank you!Print
Instant Pot Butternut Squash – the quickest way to cook your butternut squash!
- 1 medium or small butternut squash
- 1 cup water (or vegetable broth)
Halved Butternut Squash:
- Cut butternut squash in half lengthwise (cut off the bottom inch if needed to fit in the Instant Pot).
- Scoop out and discard the seeds.
- Pour water in bottom of Instant Pot.
- Place trivet inside.
- Place butternut squash inside, scooped side up.
- Ensure Instant Pot is sealed.
- Close lid and cook on High Pressure for 9 minutes.
- Natural release for 5 minutes.
- Quick release remaining pressure according to manufacturers instructions.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. Serve as a side dish or use it in your favorite butternut squash recipe.
- Smaller Butternut Squash: If you have a really smaller butternut squash you could reduce the cook time to 8 minutes.
Keywords: Instant Pot Butternut Squash