Tomato Kale Salad is a summer go-to! Simple, easy ingredients that all come together beautifully!
Best Ever Kale Tomato Salad
This light and refreshing summer salad is perfect for hot days when you don’t feel like cooking! It is fully of texture and the mustard dressing is a perfect pairing with the edamame and tomatoes!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Summer-Friendly: This recipe is perfect for your garden-fresh tomatoes, kale and cucumber!
- Light: I love how light and refreshing this salad is!
- Protein: With the addition of the edamame you are still getting a little plant-based protein!
Why is it Best to Massage Kale
Massaging the kale with the mustard vinaigrette allows the lemon juice and olive oil to actually begin to break down the kale (which can otherwise be a little tough). The result is a more tender, more delicious salad!
Other Salads You Might Like
- Smoked Salmon Salad
- Massaged Kale Salad
- Chopped Chicken Salad
- Seven Layer Salad
- Grilled Chicken Salad
Other Recipes You Might Like:
- Buffalo Chicken Burger
- How to Grill the Perfect Steak
- How to Grill Chicken Thighs
- How to Sear Ahi Tuna
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
Tomato Kale Salad – a healthy, easy and delicious summer salad that is light always hits the spot. Made with simple, real ingredients!
- 2 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- splash of lemon juice
Kale and Tomato Salad:
- 1/2 cup soybeans
- 1 tablespoon finely diced yellow onion
- 2 cup tightly packed fresh kale, chopped
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground kosher salt
- Combine vinaigrette ingredient together in a medium bowl. Whisk and set aside.
- Ensure kale is chopped to your liking and divide between two salad bowls. Pour a little vinaigrette on top and massage into kale.
- Divide soybeans, onion, tomatoes and cucumber between the bowls.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt and serve with the remaining vinaigrette.
Keywords: tomato kale salad