Smoked Salmon Salad is a light and refreshing (but surprisingly filling) salad that sure to be a favorite!
Why This Recipe Works
- Smoked Salmon: I am such a fan of smoked salmon! It is perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack! I love using it here as the main protein for this easy summer salad.
- Cucumber: This adds that little bit of a crunch to the salad so the textures aren’t all soft.
- Poached Egg: I think of a poached egg as bringing the gravy-like topping to this salad and it just gets to that next level.
Smoked Salmon vs. Lox
Smoked salmon is more of a blanket term that can refer to any kind of smoked salmon, but there are lots of different kinds! One of those kinds is “Lox” which is usually cured in a salty brine mixture for several weeks. Here is a great run-down of all things smoked salmon!
How to Poach an Egg
Other Salads You Might Like
- Crispy Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Healthy Taco Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Watermelon Mint Salad
- Seven Layer Salad
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
Smoked Salmon Salad – a quick and easy spring or summer salad!
Lemon Dill Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, minced
Smoked Salmon Salad:
- 8 cups spring salad mix
- 12oz smoked salmon (Lox)
- 2 avocados, halved and sliced
- 1 large cucumber, sliced
- 4–8 poached eggs
- fresh dill and lemon wedges for garnish
- Combine Lemon Dill Vinaigrette ingredients in a small mason jar; shake to combine and set aside.
- Take four salad bowls and divide lettuce, salmon, avocado and cucumbers between.
- Make as many poached eggs as you would like (1-2 per bowl, depending upon preference). You might need to make them in batches.
- Place poached eggs on top of each salad.
- Garnish with fresh dill and lemon wedges.
- Drizzle with Lemon Dill Vinaigrette.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Whole30/Paleo: If you are concerned with Whole30/Paleo just double check your smoked salmon ingredients!
Keywords: smoked salmon salad