These Greek-style Lamb Burgers are the perfect spin for your next burger night! They are the perfect combination of ground lamb, mint, garlic, all the classic Greek seasonings, lettuce, tomato, and, of course, lots of tzatziki sauce!
The Best Lamb Burgers, Greek-Style
Our family has a burger night at least once a week, especially in the summer! We also love anything that is Greek-inspired so it was a no brainer to combine the two into the most epic and delicious Lamb Burger that you can imagine. It is the perfect way to mix-up the regular burger rotation but still bring so much great flavor! These grilled lamb burgers can be made in under 30 minutes, making them a great weeknight option for the whole summer!
What You Will Need
- ground lamb – the protein base for all of the great Greek-inspired recipes!
- egg – provides some structure to the burgers to help hold them together.
- super-fine almond flour or breadcrumbs – either will do the job to help keep structure to the burger. If you are interested, you can make your own breadcrumbs by following this simple tutorial.
- kosher salt & pepper – a simple seasoning that is needed when cooking any meat.
- fresh mint – a classic ingredient for any Greek-inspired recipe!
- garlic – everything is better with a little garlic.
- dried oregano leaves, basil leaves, & dill leaves – the perfect combination of spices that help bring out all those classic Greek-inspired flavors.
- onion powder & garlic powder – more perfect flavors for seasoning any type of meat.
- hamburger bun of choice – grab your favorite from the grocery store – regular, whole wheat, gluten-free, etc.
- toppings: lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese, & tzatziki sauce – perfect toppings for making a Greek-style lamb burger, but feel free to switch them up to your liking.
How Long Should I Grill Lamb Burgers
Once you have preheated your grill and greased the grates, you will grill them on direct heat for about 6 minutes on each side or until the internal temp reaches 145 degrees F.
How To Serve Lamb Burgers
The key to this meal is the tzatziki sauce – you need LOTS of it! You can buy store-bought or make your own. We have a great recipe for making your own dairy-free tzatziki sauce at home, just follow this simple tutorial! If you are looking for some side dish options to serve next to this amazing burger, a few ideas great ideas could be some fresh vegetables and/or pita chips with extra tzatziki for dipping, a delicious Greek Orzo Salad, or a simple side salad.
These burgers can easily be made ahead of time! Depending on how far ahead you want to do the prep you can either make the patties and store then in an airtight container in the fridge overnight or you can make the patties, place parchment paper in between them, and place them all in a freezer safe bag to store for up to 3 months.
How To Make Lamb Burgers
You can begin by gathering your ingredients.
Place all of the burger ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Mix until fully combined.
Divide into four equal balls, flatten into patties, and then place a thumbprint in the middle of each.
Next, you can place the patties on a preheated, clean grill and cook for 6 minutes on each side or until you reach an internal temp of 145 degrees F.
Remove from grill and let them rest for 5 minutes.
Now you can build your yummy burger – on the bun place some lettuce, then tzatziki sauce, the burger, red onion, tomato, and MORE tzatziki sauce with some feta cheese!
Place the top bun on and enjoy!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Lamb Burgers – a delicious, easy grilled lamb burger recipe topped with all the wonderful things like tzatziki, feta and tomato!
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup super fine almond flour or breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried dill leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- hamburger bun of your choice (gluten-free or regular)
- lettuce (romaine, butter lettuce, etc.)
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced red onion
- feta cheese, crumbled
- tzatziki sauce (dairy-free or regular)
- Ensure grill grates are clean and bring grill up to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl combine the Lamb Burger ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Divide into 4 equal balls and then gently flatten into patties.
- Press down in the center of each patty with your thumb to create an indent.
- Place patties over direct heat for 6 minutes.
- Flip and let cook an additional 6 minutes or until burgers have reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Remove from grill and let rest 5 minutes.
- Create Burger: place the bottom half of a burger bun on a plate. Add lettuce followed by the some tzatziki sauce, lamb burger, sliced red onion, tomato and the more tzatziki sauce and feta cheese. Place top of hamburger bun on top and enjoy!
- Gluten-Free: use almond flour and a gluten-free hamburger bun to make this recipe gluten-free.
- Dairy-Free: use dairy-free tzatziki and dairy-free feta cheese to make this recipe dairy-free.
- Tzatziki Sauce: you can use store-bought or our homemade dairy-free tzatziki sauce.
- Make ahead: feel free to make the patties the day before. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Freeze: to make these ahead and freeze simply make patties and then place a piece of parchment between them as you stack. Place in a freezer-safe bag, label and place in freezer for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight and then grill according to the instructions above.
Keywords: lamb burgers