Lamb Sauce – a delicious, easy creamy mint lamb sauce recipe that goes perfectly with any lamb recipe! Easy to make ahead and your guests are going to love it!
An Easy Mint Sauce For Lamb
This super easy lamb sauce is a great addition to any of your favorite lamb recipe. Serving this sauce alongside your lamb (like this Ultimate Leg of Lamb Recipe) is really going to bring it to the next level. Everyone will love all the great flavors! Plus, we have included an option to make it dairy-free, if you need it. Don’t forget to also make a batch of this Lamb Seasoning to up that flavor profile even more!
What You Will Need
- plain Greek yogurt – if you want it to be dairy-free you can use a plain, unsweetened dairy-free yogurt.
- sour cream – we love this homemade dairy-free option!
- garlic – because everything is better with some garlic cloves.
- lemon juice – a little acidity to bring out all the great flavors!
- kosher salt & pepper – a little of each is needed in any great, homemade sauce.
- fresh mint leaves – such a great flavor that is the perfect compliment to lamb!
What Should I Serve With Lamb Sauce?
You can serve this lamb sauce with any of your favorite lamb recipes – personally, we love it with Roasted Rosemary Leg of Lamb, Lamb Chops, a Lamb Roast or Lamb Meatballs! We love to sear lamb and then cook it at a medium-high heat until a meat thermometer confirms an internal heat of 145 degrees F and then serve this lamb sauce on top of the cooked lamb with some fresh herbs for garnish, like fresh thyme, fresh rosemary, or oregano.
How Long Can You Keep Mint Lamb Sauce?
This sauce mixture can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Perfect for making ahead of time, especially if you are making this to accompany a big holiday dinner.
How To Make Lamb Sauce
Gather some fresh mint leaves.
Measure out the rest of your ingredients.
Place all of your ingredients in a food processor or mason jar.
Blend the sauce in a food processor or in a mason jar with an immersion blender until smooth.
Pour into a dish and enjoy!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 3/4 cup 1x
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Counter Top
- Cuisine: American
Lamb Sauce – a delicious, easy creamy mint lamb sauce recipe that goes perfectly with any lamb recipe! Easy to make ahead!
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt*
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (regular or dairy-free)
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, more if desired
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, minced and loosely packed
- Combine ingredients in a food processor or wide mouth mason jar (or other container suitable for using with an immersion blender).
- Process in the food process or use an immersion blender with the mason jar to fully combine sauce.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, as desired.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Dairy-Free: use a plain, unsweetened dairy-free yogurt in place of the plain Greek yogurt and use a dairy-free sour cream.
Keywords: lamb sauce
Leave a Rating & Comment