How to Make Homemade Plantain Chips – served with guacamole or hummus for the perfect, healthy holiday appetizer!
I know you guys are already thinking about those holiday menus, snacks, appetizers … these homemade plantain chips are so easy and delicious and the perfect snack or appetizer that is Whole30/vegan!
Those holiday appetizer parties are coming up fast! This is the first of a couple healthy/Whole30 appetizers I have planned for you guys this holiday season! I feel like a healthy appetizer that is legitimately good, can be hard to come by. And for me, as I talked about in my last post, there are definitely some main dishes that I simply won’t forego during the holidays (my mom’s stuffing is one of them). But when it comes to appetizers and snacks, they are just sitting around waiting to be munched on and sometimes really aren’t worth that splurge.
I would rather focus on really delicious, healthy appetizers that won’t fill me up too much, than switch out my favorite, traditional holiday menu items for something healthier. That’s why I love these homemade plantain chips – you can serve them with guacamole or hummus (which isn’t Whole30, but still a great dip option!). And you can aways jazz them up by sprinkling curry powder or other fun seasonings.
Find those non-negotiables for your holiday season, enjoy them and savor them – but for those things that are negotiable (for me, appetizers), find some really delicious but healthy alternatives. And make sure you bring them to your next holiday party so you know you will have a healthy option there for you!
Happy Holiday Menu Planning!
How to Make Homemade Plantain Chips – a simple and easy recipe that teaches you how to make your own plantain chips!
- 1 Plantain, cut into thin slices
- (to remove skin, cut plantain in half and then peel the skin off – cutting it if you need to)
- Preheat oven to 375
- Place plantains onto lightly sprayed cookie sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Check after 15 minutes and then continue cooking for 5 minute intervals until they have browned and have crisped up.
- Once they have reached your desired texture, place on cooling rack or plate to cool.
- You can let them dry out further by leaving them out, uncovered on the counter
- Serve with guacamole or hummus.
Keywords: How to Make Homemade Plantain Chips