How to Make Garlic Bread – an easy homemade garlic bread recipe that is made with simple ingredients. So simple and so good!
How To Make Homemade Garlic Bread
Every great Italian inspired dish needs a delicious side dish that is just as amazing and that is where this garlic bread comes in! It is slathered in homemade garlic butter and baked to perfection. Everyone is going to love this very easy homemade garlic bread that is the perfect addition to a pasta dinner with Italian Meatballs or our all-time favorite Homemade Marinara Sauce.
What You Will Need
- butter – you will want to make sure this is nice and soft, making it easier for mixing and spreading.
- garlic powder & minced garlic – bringing all the garlic flavor for this amazing bread!
- kosher salt – because everything is better with a bit of salt.
- baguette – just grab your favorite – whole, pre-sliced, regular, gluten-free, etc.
This recipe is amazing all on its own but you also have the option of making some variations, if you want. Here are a few options:
- Gluten-free: you can easily grab a gluten free bread if you want it to be gluten-free.
- Dairy-free: just make sure you use a plant-based butter instead of regular butter.
- Cheese: feel free to sprinkle some cheese in between the slices or on top (this could also be dairy free cheese).
- More garlic: if you really like a lot of garlic you can always add more minced garlic or garlic powder.
- Herbs: there is always the option to mix some thyme or parsley into the garlic butter for added flavor.
How To Store & Reheat Garlic Bread
This is a recipe that is best when enjoyed right away but if you do have some leftover, the best way to store it would be to just wrap it up in aluminum foil or in an airtight storage container and store at room temperature for 1-2 days. To reheat you can simply place the bread on a plate and warm in the microwave or place the foil-wrapped bread in a warm oven for a few minutes.
How To Make Homemade Garlic Bread
Begin by mixing up your garlic butter spread.
Place your bread on a large piece of aluminum foil and cut thick (1 inch) slices in the bread, making sure that you don’t cut all the way through.
Now you get to generously slather that delicious garlic butter between all of the slices!
Wrap up the bread in foil and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
Enjoy with your favorite recipes!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
How to Make Homemade Garlic Bread – an easy homemade garlic bread recipe that is made with simple ingredients. So simple and so good!
- 1 stick butter, softened (8 tablespoons)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 baguette (I used a 14oz size baguette)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut baguette into thick (1 inch) slices, without cutting all the way through the bottom.
- Add butter, garlic powder, salt and minced garlic to a small bowl; stir to combine.
- Using a knife, spread the butter inside each slit in the baguette.
- Wrap baguette in foil and place in the oven, middle rack.
- Let heat approximately 15 minutes or until butter is nice and melted.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Dairy-Free: feel free to use a plant-butter instead of regular butter to make this dairy-free.
- Storage: this is one of those recipes that really doesn’t store too well; best to serve immediately.
- Gluten-Free: you can easily use a gluten-free baguette instead of a regular one.
Keywords: how to make garlic bread