These sweet and chewy Monster Cookie Magic Bars are going to be your next favorite dessert bar! They have a perfectly crisp graham cracker crust and are topped with oats, milk chocolate candies, mini chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, chopped walnuts, and drizzled in dairy-free sweetened condensed coconut milk!
The BEST Monster Cookie Bars
These delicious dessert bars are the perfect hybrid of our favorite seven layer bars and a perfectly sweet monster cookie! They are super easy to make and only require 8 ingredients. A great option for a BBQ cookout, potluck, or just a weekend baking project. They are definitely kid-approved! Our whole family devours these amazing monster cookie magic bars!
If you love monster cookies as much as we do, then you should also checkout our Monster Cookie Energy Balls!
What You Will Need
- graham crackers – you can simply place them in a bag and smash them with a rolling pin to get the perfect texture for the crust.
- butter – melt your favorite butter (option to use plant-based) to create a delicious crust with the graham crackers.
- chopped walnuts – these add the perfect crunch to these simple bars.
- peanut butter chips – peanut butter is a classic ingredient in monster cookie bars, so this is a must!
- mini dark chocolate chips – option to use any mini chocolate chips from your local grocery store, but we love these!
- milk chocolate candies – feel free to grab the traditional M&Ms, but we love this slightly healthier option.
- rolled oats – another classic component of monster cookies.
- dairy-free sweetened condensed coconut milk – we love this dairy-free option but feel free to use regular sweetened condensed milk too!
How To Make Monster Cookie Magic Bars
To start things off, you need to make the graham cracker crust. This is done by crushing your graham crackers and mixing them with melted butter in a medium mixing bowl.
Now you can pour the graham cracker mixture in a parchment-lined baking dish (9×13). Use your hands to firmly press the crust in the bottom of the pan. Then place the pan on the middle rack of the oven at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
Pro tip: split your parchment paper into two separate pieces (each about half the size of the pan) to easily remove half the pan at a time. This recipe makes a lot of bars so this might be a nice option if you want to eat some and store some or share with others.
After the crust has cooled a bit you can spread most of the toppings on top and then pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly on top. Sprinkle with the rest of the toppings and place back in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
Finally, you will want to let these bars cool completely before cutting in to enjoy their deliciousness!
How To Store Monster Cookie Magic Bars
We generally like to keep our Magic Monster Cookie Bars in the refrigerator to make sure they don’t melt too much or get too gooey. They can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. We do like to take them out of the fridge for about 1-2 hours before serving so that they are eaten at room temperature.
This is also a great recipe to place in the freezer! Simply cut them into individual bars and store in a freezer-safe container with parchment paper in between layers for up to 3 months. To thaw you can place them on the countertop the night before you plan to eat them.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Monster Cookie Magic Bars – a delicious and fun spin on your classic magic cookie bar recipe! The perfect dessert!
- 3 cups graham crackers, crushed
- 1 cup butter, melted (dairy-free or regular)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate candies (I used the Unreal brand)
- 1–2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 11.25oz can dairy-free sweetened condensed coconut milk
- Preheat oven too 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment, ensuring there are some extra on each side over-hanging to assist with lifting out the bars. Spray with olive oil or your favorite non-stick.
- Combine crushed graham cracker and melted butter in a small mixing bowl. Pour out into the baking dish and spread out evenly. Press down firmly with hands to create a flat crust on the bottom.
- Place in the oven, middle rack, for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool (feel free to pop in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to help it cool down quickly).
- Spread out walnuts, peanut butter chips, mini dark chocolate chips, milk chocolate candies and rolled oats evenly across the graham cracker crust. Pour sweetened condensed milk over top evenly. Feel free to sprinkle a few extra candies, oats or chocolate chips over top.
- Place in oven, middle rack, for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and let cool completely before cutting into squares and serving.
- Gluten-Free: simply make sure you are using certified gluten-free oats and gluten-free graham crackers.
- Reg. Sweetened Condensed Milk: if you aren’t concerned with keeping it dairy-free you can simply use a can of regular sweetened condensed milk.
- Storage: simply place them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Freezer: cut them into individual bars, place them in a single layer or place parchment paper in between layers, and store in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 132
- Sugar: 3.8 g
- Sodium: 37.1 mg
- Fat: 11.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.4 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 21.4 mg
Keywords: monster cookie magic bars