Our quick and easy Naan Pizza is made with only 4 simple ingredients (depending on how many toppings you want) and is ready to eat in under 10 minutes! Now that is an easy meal for busy weeknights that the whole family is going to love.
The Best Naan Pizza Recipe
Pizza night is always a family favorite every week at our house! And on those nights when we don’t have time to make our delicious homemade pizza dough, we absolutely love making this simple naan bread pizza. Our kids love to have a variety of topping options and make their own individual pizzas – fun and tasty! These easy naan pizzas can be made so many different ways with various pizza sauce options. Get creative and share with us your favorite combination!
When it is too hot in the summer to turn on the oven, try grilling your pizza! An easy weeknight meal and it keeps that heat outside!
What You Will Need
- plain naan bread – in the bakery section of your local grocery stores you should be able to find packages of store-bought naan bread that is ready to go! Your store might also carry pita bread, which would work too.
- pizza sauce – we love our homemade pizza sauce or keep it simple and grab your favorite store-bought pizza sauce.
- mozzarella cheese – always a must for that ooey gooey melted cheese, you can’t have pizza without it! For some added flavor, try mixing in some parmesan cheese.
- pepperoni – a classic pizza topping that our family loves.
- favorite toppings – mushrooms, green bell pepper, red pepper flakes, green olives, black olives, red onion, Italian sausage, fresh basil leaves or other fresh herbs, etc.
How To Make Naan Pizzas
The first steps to making this delicious naan pizza is to gather your ingredients. For best results, try making your own pizza sauce – so easy and full of great flavor!
Now, for easy clean-up, place a big piece of parchment paper on a large cookie sheet. Place as many pieces of naan on the pan that can fit. Cover the tops of each pizza base in pizza sauce.
Add a generous amount of shredded cheese and your desired toppings.
Put the entire pan on the middle oven rack of a preheated oven to bake for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown at 400 degrees F.
Grab your trusty pizza cutter to cut your flatbread pizza into slices and enjoy!
- Crispy crust: if you really like a super crispy crust, you can always put the naan bread in the oven to bake for a few minutes before adding the sauce and toppings. Following the recipe card instructions won’t result in a soggy pizza, but baking the naan before topping would make it extra crispy!
- Topping combinations: there are so many great pizza combinations! Try a veggie pizza with bell peppers/onions, or a margarita pizza with fresh mozzarella and basil, or bbq chicken pizza. They are all amazing!
- Freezing: fresh naan bread (without sauce or toppings) can easily be stored in the freezer for a couple months without going bad. We love to keep some in the freezer so we always have it on hand when we need an easy dinner on a busy weeknight!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Naan Pizza – a seriously easy naan pizza recipe that is perfect for a busy weeknight, it’s versatile and kid-friendly!
- 2 pieces store-bought naan bread*
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce, more if needed
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 14–16 pepperoni slices (optional)
- topping options: mushrooms, onions, olives, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place naan on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Top with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and any other toppings of your choosing.
- Place in the oven, middle rack, for 4-6 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
- Remove and carefully transfer to cutting board. Cut into slices or squares and serve immediately!
- *Naan: we used the Stonefire Original Naan Bread (8.8oz – 2 pack) and it worked perfectly.
- Dairy-Free: use a dairy-free mozzarella to make this dairy-free – adjust cook time to ensure the dairy-free cheese melts fully.
- Pizza Sauce: feel free to use your favorite store-bought brand or we have an awesome homemade pizza sauce recipe if you prefer!
- Storage: after it has fully cooled, place leftover pizza in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Keywords: naan pizza, naan pizza recipe