Follow this simple step-by-step process for making a perfectly crisp Cauliflower Pizza Crust that can be topped with any of your favorite pizza toppings! It isn’t the same as regular pizza crust, but it is seriously SO GOOD!
Homemade Cauliflower Pizza Crust
A regular, weekly pizza night in our house is an absolute must!! We love getting out a variety of topping options so that our whole family can get creative and build their favorite combination. Typically we love making a batch of our homemade pizza dough, but sometimes you need to switch it up and this cauliflower pizza crust is the perfect option! It is perfectly crisp and sturdy enough to hold in your hand. Just don’t forget the pizza sauce, cheese, and ALL the toppings!
What You Will Need
- cauliflower rice – we love to make our own cauliflower rice at home because it is easy and you can grate it to be more fine and less chunky, but you can also use store-bought for this recipe if that’s easier.
- egg – helps to bind everything together!
- mozzarella cheese & parmesan cheese – a perfect cheese combination that brings a lot of great flavor to this crust.
- Italian seasoning, kosher salt, & pepper – keeping these seasonings simple, but flavorful!
- toppings: traditional pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese (regular or dairy-free), pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, green pepper, black olives, green olives, chopped onions, shredded chicken, fresh basil, tomato slices, or even pineapple!
Can I Use Store-Bought Cauliflower Rice
Absolutely! You can buy refrigerated or frozen cauliflower rice, whatever works for you. In our experience, we have found that store-bought cauliflower rice can be a bit more chunky so we do prefer to grate our own at home from a whole head of cauliflower to get a more fine texture. But, you should absolutely do what works for you!
How To Make The Crust Even More Crispy
If you follow the recipe card below as it is written you will get a perfectly crisp crust, but if you prefer it extra crispy (yes, please) then we have a few tips for you! First, make sure you really squeeze as much water as possible out of your cauliflower rice. Any extra moisture in the mixture will make it harder to get it crispy. Another way to amp up the crispiness is to flip the crust after it bakes for 25-30 minutes and then pop it back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until it has reached your desired crispness.
Can I Freeze A Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Yes, you can definitely freeze this crust and use it later. Simply follow the instructions laid out below, but do not put any sauce, cheese or toppings on the crust. Let the crust cool completely, wrap it in plastic wrap, and carefully store in your freezer for up to 3 months. When you are ready to use it, let it thaw, and then add the sauce, cheese, and toppings, and bake it to melt the cheese.
How To Make A Cauliflower Pizza Crust
First, you will begin by heating your cauliflower rice in a cast iron skillet for about 2-3 minutes on medium-high heat.
Then transfer the cauliflower rice to a cheesecloth in a bowl to cool.
Once it is cool enough to easily handle, you can squeeze the cheesecloth to remove as much moisture as possible.
Now you can place the cauliflower rice in a mixing bowl with the rest of your crust ingredients.
Form your crust dough into a ball and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Then use your hands to press it out into a circular pizza shape until it is about 1/4 inch thick.
Bake in the oven at 400 degrees F for about 25-30 minutes.
Top with your favorite sauce, cheese, and pizza toppings.
And place it back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Cauliflower Pizza Crust – a delicious, easy cauliflower pizza crust recipe that you are going to LOVE!
Cauliflower Pizza Crust:
- 3 cups cauliflower rice*
- 1 large egg**
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- pizza sauce
- shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add cauliflower rice to a large cast iron skillet or saute pan. Bring pan to medium-high heat.
- Move cauliflower rice around the pan until it just starts to soften, apprxox. 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place cooked cauliflower rice in cheesecloth and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Add cauliflower to medium bowl along with 1 egg, shredded mozzarella cheese, shredded parmesan cheese, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Place a piece of parchment on top of a baking sheet.
- Pour out cauliflower mixture into the middle of the prepared baking sheet.
- Use your hands to form the cauliflower mixture into a ball and then start flattening and spreading the mixture out into a thin circle (you are looking for the crust to be 1/4 inch thick).
- Place in the oven, middle rack, for 25-30 minutes or until slightly browned.***
- Cover with a layer of pizza sauce, top with the cheese of your choice and any other toppings. Place back into the oven and cook until cheese has melted, approx. 5 minutes.
- Remove and let cool slightly.
- Slice and enjoy!
- *Cauliflower Rice: I highly recommend that, for best results, you grate your own cauliflower so the pieces are more fine and less chunky.
- **Eggs: if, for whatever reason, you find your cauliflower pizza “dough” isn’t quite sticking together don’t be afraid to add another egg to the mix so it all sticks together.
- ***Flip: in Step 10 you can flip the crust after 25-30 minutes and cook for about 5 minutes on the other side if you want a more crispy crust.
- Storage: I personally don’t love leftover cauliflower crust, but if you want to store leftovers – store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. Reheat in a cast iron skillet first to crisp up that crust, then maybe pop under the broiler.
- Nutrition: estimated nutrition is calculated for the crust only.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 36
- Sugar: 0.9 g
- Sodium: 244.8 mg
- Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.6 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
- Cholesterol: 25.7 mg
Keywords: cauliflower pizza, cauliflower pizza crust