The light and fresh Veggie Wraps (+ Ginger Tahini Dressing) are going to be your new favorite lunch or dinner option! They are easy to make and can be prepped ahead of time. Fill them any way you want!
This post is sponsored by Califia®, but the opinions are my own.
Easy Veggie Wraps (+ Ginger Tahini Dressing)
Okay you guys, its summer and let’s be honest…. sometimes it is just too dang hot to cook much of anything!! Those hot days are particularly perfect for these Raw Rainbow Wraps with Ginger Tahini Dressing!! No cooking required (okay you have to blanche the collard greens, but that is IT!). Colorful food is one of my favorite things – you just know you are putting good nutrients in your body when your food looks like this. It is the best veggie wrap recipe and the homemade ginger tahini dressing is a must!
What You Will Need
- fresh collard greens – we love using this sturdy green as the wrap, but you could also use a large tortilla if that’s more your thing.
- sliced vegetables – we used a variety of bell peppers, avocado, purple cabbage, tomato, carrots, and cucumbers, but feel free to use any fresh vegetables that you have on hand!
- tahini – the base of this flavor-packed dressing.
- ginger – brings so much light & refreshing flavor!
- carrot – added for a bit of flavor and even more nutrients.
- soy sauce – option to use coconut aminos if you want to keep it Whole30 compliant.
- almond milk – any plant-based milk will work!
- lime juice – just a splash for some added flavor.
- extra virgin olive oil – perfect for keeping that smooth and creamy texture.
- kosher salt – a pinch for some extra seasoning.
How To Make Veggie Wraps
First, take your huge collard green and cut off the stem right where it meets the leaf. Now take your knife and run it down the part of the stem that goes up the leaf, shaving off the part of the stem that protrudes from the leaf (this will allow the leaf to be more pliable and bendy).
Then place the leaf in a shallow, wide pan of just-about-boiling water for 3-5 seconds.
Carefully remove and immediately place in an ice bath for a minute or two. Then place on a paper towel to dry.
That’s it!! From there you just place your ingredients lengthwise along the stem, fold the outside parts of the leaf over the filling and then wrap it up like a burrito! Place your homemade dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth and you are ready to enjoy!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Veggie Wraps (+ Ginger Tahini Dressing) – A bright and vibrant vegan dish that is perfect for dinner or as a meal-prep for lunches!
- collard greens (how to prep)
- Filling options: yellow pepper, tomato, avocado, carrots, purple cabbage, cucumber, micro greens (all cut into this strips)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons ginger, (grated)
- 1/4 cup carrot, (finely grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce, (or coconut aminos)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of kosher salt
- Prepare collard greens and place desired combination of filling ingredients in the middle.
- Fold in the sides of the collard green and fold the edge near you over the fillings. Continue rolling away from you to form a tight wrap.
- Cut in half for serving.
- Combine Dressing ingredients in a blender (or mini food processor) and blend until fully combined.
- Serve wraps with dressing for dipping.
- Make Ahead: simply make sure your collard greens are dried as much as possible after blanching OR you can skip the blanching if you are worried about the greens getting mushy – they will just be a little more firm.
- Storage: place wraps in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Store the dressing in a separate container.
- Serving Size: 1 wrap
- Calories: 301
- Sugar: 4.5 g
- Sodium: 394.3 mg
- Fat: 24.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.6 g
- Protein: 6.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: veggie wraps, raw rainbow wraps