These Easy Beef Lettuce Wraps are super quick and easy! They are a seriously delicious weeknight meal (easily meal-prepped) that your whole family will love. Made with fresh ground beef, classic flavors like ginger & garlic, fresh vegetables, a flavorful homemade sauce, all wrapped up in a crisp butter lettuce wrap!
Sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill, but the opinions are my own.
Healthy Beef Lettuce Wraps
If you are looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner to add to your weekly menu, I have it for you right here! This beef lettuce wrap recipe is easy, quick, meal-prep friendly and packed with flavor! They are also Paleo, Whole30, Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free!
The key to getting the right consistency is Bob’s Red Mill Tapioca Starch (I use that one and Bob’s Red Mill Arrowroot Powder to thicken so many of my recipes). It is flavorless and a little goes a long way! It makes the beef mixture perfectly thick and delicious!
If you love these, then you are also going to love our Chicken Lettuce Wraps!!
What You Will Need
- olive oil – just a splash in the pan to sauté all of the aromatics.
- ginger, garlic, & yellow onion – these classic aromatics give this dish so much great flavor!
- carrots & water chestnuts– traditional ingredients for a lot of asian-inspired dishes that also give it a great crunch.
- kosher salt – simple seasonings that are always needed when cooking any meat.
- ground beef – feel free to substitute with ground turkey or ground chicken, if you want.
- crushed red pepper – just a little to add a kick!
- butter lettuce – the perfect lettuce wrap for this simple recipe.
- homemade sauce – our quick and easy sauce is made of amazing flavors, like coconut aminos, rice vinegar, fish sauce, sesame oil, and tapioca starch to thicken things up!
- toppings – we love using fresh cilantro, fresh lime juice, green onions, avocado, chopped red onion, and cilantro lime rice.
What Is The Best Lettuce For Beef Lettuce Wraps
I would highly recommend using Butter Lettuce (you can find it in most grocery stores). It is soft and delicious, but surprisingly strong and durable. You can also use romaine or iceberg if you are looking for more of a crunch!
How To Make Beef Lettuce Wraps
You can begin by grabbing a 12 inch cast iron skillet, add oil to coat, and bring to medium-high heat. Next, add the garlic and ginger; stir to allow them to cook until aromatic, about 1-2 minutes.
Then the yellow onion and carrots to the pan and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes moving around the pan.
Now you can add ground beef and move around pan with spatula, allowing to cook fully. Meanwhile, combine the Sauce ingredients and whisk together until Tapioca Starch is fully combined; set aside. Next, it’s time to prep your toppings of choice to have ready.
If you are using cauliflower rice or regular rice, ensure it is being cooked and ready to go at this time as well. Once ground beef is cooked and the toppings are ready, add the sauce mixture to the ground beef mixture on medium-high heat. It will thicken quickly, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
How To Serve Beef Lettuce Wraps
Simply take a piece of butter lettuce and top if rice (if using) and then scoop on some of the ground beef mixture. Squeeze some fresh lime juice on top, add green onions and cilantro. Enjoy! I HIGHLY recommend using lime juice and cilantro with this – it completes the dish and tastes SO well!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Other Wrap Recipes You Might Like
- Chicken Bacon Club Collard Green Wrap
- Chicken Caesar Wrap
- Herby Green Monster Lettuce Wrap
- Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- Simple Buffalo Cauliflower Lettuce Wrap
- Turkey Cranberry Wrap
Easy Beef Lettuce Wraps (Quick + Healthy) – a seriously delicious weeknight meal (easily meal-prepped) your whole family will love!
- 1–2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1 can diced water chestnuts (optional)
- kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1 – 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 head of butter lettuce (romaine or iceberg would work if that is all you have), carefully remove leaves and rinse. Pat dry and set aside.
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos (or soy sauce if not Whole30)
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons beef stock or broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Bob’s Red Mill Tapioca Starch
- In 12-inch skillet, add oil to coat the pan and bring to medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and ginger; stir to allow them to cook until aromatic, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add yellow onion and carrot to pan; cook 2-3 minutes moving around the pan.
- Add additional oil if pan gets dry.
- Add ground beef and move around pan with spatula, allowing to cook fully.
- Meanwhile, combine Sauce ingredients and whisk together until Tapioca Starch is fully combined; set aside.
- Prep Toppings and have ready.
- If using cauliflower rice or regular rice, ensure it is being cooked and ready to go at this time as well.
- Once ground beef is fully cooked (drain excess grease, if necessary) and Toppings are ready add Sauce mixture to ground beef and mix on medium-high heat. it will thicken quickly, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- To serve take a piece of butter lettuce and top if rice (if using) and then some ground beef mixture. Squeeze lime juice on top, add green onion and cilantro.
- Tapioca Starch: You can use arrowroot starch instead of tapioca if you need to, but I recommend tapioca starch for this.
- Toppings: I highly recommend the use of lime + cilantro when serving!! It completes the dish!
- Turkey: You could also sub ground turkey for the beef, but just be aware that turkey has a milder flavor so you may need to adjust the flavoring so taste as you go!
- Serving Size: 6oz
- Calories: 383
- Sugar: 6.6 g
- Sodium: 447.7 mg
- Fat: 16.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.2 g
- Protein: 28.6 g
- Cholesterol: 67.8 mg
Keywords: beef lettuce wraps, ground beef lettuce wraps