Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps – a simple and delicious weeknight dinner that is Paleo and Whole30!
These Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps are the go-to, easy weeknight dinner you are looking for!
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Okay you guys, I am excited to add this recipe to the blog because it honestly something I make about once every two weeks at our house (this one too). It is simple, freakin delicious and even my girls love it. Oh and it comes together SUPER fast. You could even prep the chicken mixture ahead of time and just heat it up whenever you need it. It has quickly become a family favorite and has officially been added to our weeknight menu.
Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
What I love about this recipe (other than the fact that my kids love it) is the ingredients are simple and real. There are no added weird ingredients and they are actually Whole30 + Paleo!!!
Make Ahead Chicken Lettuce Wrap
Pro tip: make the chicken mixture ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator (it will last about 3 days or so) and then when it is time for dinner just take it out and warm it up! Dinner is ready!
Alright, I will keep you posted on my reintroduction and I am also hoping to do a little write up on my Dad’s experience on his first Whole30 (which has been amazing!) – I will keep you posted on that!! Hope you guys have had a wonderful week!! Add this to your menu for next week!
And also don’t forge to make some of these insane Whole30/Paleo Wings for the Super Bowl!!!
A simple and delicious weeknight dinner that is Paleo and Whole30!
- 1 head of butter lettuce (gently break off whole leaves, rinse and set aside on a plate)
- 1–1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 Tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 can diced water chestnuts
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 Teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup coco aminos
- 1 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In skillet, add olive oil and bring pan to medium high heat.
- Add garlic and ginger, move around with a spoon until the garlic becomes fragrant, about 1 minutes.
- Add onion and stir until they reduce and become slightly translucent, about 3 minutes
- Add chicken and stir until fully cooked.
- If there is a lot of liquid at the bottom of the pan at this point, pour out.
- Add water chestnuts, sesame oil, coconut aminos and salt and pepper to taste (I would add salt 1 teaspoon at a time).
- Stir to fully combine.
- Feel free to add additional coconut aminos if you desire or if you think the chicken is too dry.
- Combine sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Serve immediately by taking a leaf of butter lettuce, adding chicken mixture, topping with chopped green onion, some sauce and any additional red pepper flakes desired.
- Note: if you want it more spicy, feel free to add 1 Teaspoon of red pepper flakes in the pan along with the garlic and ginger at the beginning.
- Make ahead tip: if you want to prep ahead of time simply make chicken mixture and store in refrigerator then reheat when desired.
Keywords: asian chicken lettuce wraps, healthy chicken lettuce wraps, easy chicken lettuce wraps
Thank you so much for reading & supporting The Wooden Skillet! This post contains affiliate links for products I actually use in my own home and personally recommend. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, The Wooden Skillet will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original content. Thank you!