These easy Buffalo Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps are made with real, simple ingredients! A butter lettuce shell loaded with roasted cauliflower that’s smothered in buffalo sauce and topped with red onion, black sesame seeds and a drizzle of our creamy avocado crema!
Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps
I have another fun and delicious weeknight dinner for you guys!! More and more our family is trying to incorporate more plant-based eating into our weekly rotation of meals. Some weeks its 2 or 3 meals, other weeks its only one, but I just feel a bit better when we do! I absolutely LOVE this recipe for Chicken Lettuce Wraps, so I thought I would do a fun spin on a buffalo chicken recipe – using roasted buffalo cauliflower instead of chicken to make an easy plant-based dinner!
Looking for another plant-based option? Try our Vegan Enchiladas!!
What You Will Need
- fresh cauliflower florets – pick up a whole cauliflower from your local grocery stores, remove the stem and leaves and cut into small florets.
- butter lettuce leaves – we absolutely love using butter lettuce, but feel free to use your favorite type of lettuce for your wraps.
- red onion – this mild onion flavor is the perfect topping.
- buffalo sauce – pick-up your favorite store-bought buffalo sauce or make our easy homemade sauce!
- avocado, unsweetened almond milk, and kosher salt – mix these together in your food processor or blender to make a perfectly creamy avocado sauce or crema to drizzle on top!
What Are The Advantages Of A Plant-Based Diet
There are many! But they include: less inclusion of processed foods, limiting/avoiding animal products, fewer added sugars, and overall better health – including a lowered risk and reduction of symptoms of heart disease and diabetes! Learn more about a plant-based diet here!
How To Make Buffalo Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps
To begin this very simple lettuce wrap recipe, we use a large kitchen knife and cutting board to cut the whole cauliflower head into small florets. Then place these florets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes.
While the cauliflower is roasting in the oven, you can whip up the avocado crema.
How To Make Avocado Crema
Simply place your avocado, unsweetened almond milk (we love using Califia Farms), and a pinch of salt in a food processor or blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy!
Once the cauliflower is done roasting you can smother it in buffalo sauce.
Now it is time to assemble your lettuce wraps. Grab a lettuce leaf or two, add some buffalo cauliflower, and top with chopped red onion, black sesame seeds, and a large dollop of avocado crema!
How To Serve Buffalo Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps
Honestly, this easy cauliflower lettuce wrap recipe is great all on its own, but if you are looking for some sides we have a few suggestions. We love adding some cauliflower fried rice, a sesame ginger slaw, or your favorite air fryer egg rolls are always good too!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Buffalo Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps – An incredibly easy, plant-based weeknight dinner (or fun appetizer!) that is Whole30, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free and Vegan!
- 1 whole avocado
- 1/4 cup Califia Farms unsweetened almond milk
- pinch of kosher salt
- Avocado Crema: Combine ingredients in small food processor and blend until smooth (you can also use a whisk).
- Lettuce Wraps: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place cauliflower florets on parchment-lined baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes. Remove and toss immediately with buffalo sauce. To serve take a piece of butter lettuce and add some buffalo cauliflower, red onion and avocado crema.
- Garnish with black sesame seeds, if desired, and enjoy!
- Buffalo Cauliflower: we have a whole post on making the Best Buffalo Cauliflower – check it out!
- Recipe Variations: you can also brush the cauliflower with some buffalo sauce before roasting. And you could also add a little cilantro to the avocado crema!
- Storage: any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Just store the cauliflower, lettuce, and crema separately to prevent sogginess.
- Serving Size: 6oz
- Calories: 164
- Sugar: 5.4 g
- Sodium: 392.1 mg
- Fat: 9.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.3 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: buffalo cauliflower lettuce wraps, roasted cauliflower lettuce wraps, lettuce wraps