Simple Cauliflower Buffalo Bite Lettuce Wraps with Avocado Crema – a simple and delicious weeknight dinner! (Whole30/Paleo/Dairy-free/Vegan)
I have another fun and delicious weeknight dinner for you guys!!
More and more our family is trying to incorporate more plant-based eating into our weekly rotation of meals. Some weeks its 2 or 3 meals, other weeks its only one, but I just feel a bit better when we do! I absolutely LOVE this recipe for Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps, so I thought I would do a fun spin on a buffalo chicken recipe – using roasted cauliflower instead of chicken!
How to make avocado crema:
But, my favorite part is probably the avocado crema …. oh my gosh you guys. It is SO easy and so, so yummy! And so simple – just 3 little ingredients, including my go-to – Califia Farms unsweetened almond milk! (I use it in almost everything). I can’ wait to make the avocado crema again and add it to breakfast burritos, breakfast sandwiches, eggs, etc.
This comes together incredibly quickly and I know anyone who tries it isn’t even going to miss the chicken!
If you love easy weeknight dinners don’t forget to check out my list of over 40 Easy Weeknight Dinners!
What are the advantages of a plant-based diet?
There are many! But they include: less inclusion of processed foods, limiting/avoiding animal products, fewer added sugars, and overall better health – including a lowered risk and reduction of symptoms of heart disease and diabetes!
An incredibly easy, plant-based weeknight dinner (or fun appetizer!) that is Whole30, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free and Vegan!
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup Califia Farms unsweetened almond milk (if you want the consistency thinner, simply continue adding almond milk 1 Tablespoon at time until you have reached your desired consistency)
- pinch of salt
- Combine ingredients in small food process and blend until smooth (you can also use a whisk)
- Preheat oven to 375
- Roast Cauliflower for 10 minutes.
- Remove and toss immediately with buffalo sauce.
- To serve take a piece of butter lettuce and add some buffalo cauliflower, red onion and avocado crema.
- Garnish with black sesame seeds, if desired.
- Optional: you can also brush the cauliflower with some buffalo sauce before roasting.
- Optional: you can aadd a little cilantro to the avocado crema too!
Thank you so much for reading & supporting The Wooden Skillet! This post contains affiliate links for products I actually use in my own home and personally recommend. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, The Wooden Skillet will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original content. Thank you!