Our quick and easy Teriyaki Chicken Bowl makes the perfect weeknight dinner that your whole family will love! Made in under 30 minutes with real, simple ingredients. An amazing healthy rice bowl that you can meal prep or enjoy for dinner tonight!
The Best Teriyaki Chicken Bowl
It doesn’t get much easier than this! This chicken teriyaki bowl is a must for your next weekly meal plan! Our recipe card below includes instructions for making this easy dinner in an Instant Pot or on the stovetop. Feel free to mix-up the vegetables with what you have on hand or grab some frozen vegetables to keep it super easy! Plus, you can serve over cauliflower rice with a compliant teriyaki sauce to make it Whole30/Paleo compliant. This delicious meal is a family-favorite at our dinner table and will be at yours too!
Do you also like teriyaki salmon? Then you have to try our Teriyaki Salmon Bowl too!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Quick: whenever the Instant Pot is involved, you know it is going to be quick!
- Easy: with only 6 ingredients, there is little prep!
- Versatile: you can make it Whole30/Paleo for yourself with cauliflower rice and simple make a little batch of rice for the kiddos and they will be happy too!
What You Will Need
- chicken breasts – we used boneless skinless chicken breasts, but you can also use boneless skinless chicken thighs or pick-up a rotisserie chicken from the local grocery store.
- chicken broth – only needed for the Instant Pot teriyaki chicken bowls, if you are making them on the stovetop you will only need water.
- simple teriyaki sauce – make your own homemade sauce in a small saucepan or use a store-bought teriyaki sauce, just make sure you check ingredients to keep it Whole30/Paleo compliant.
- broccoli florets & carrots – fresh veggies that we chose to use, but feel free to change these up with any of your favorite vegetables.
- rice of choice – any type of rice will work in this rice bowl recipe – white rice, brown rice, sushi rice, or even cauliflower rice!
How To Make A Teriyaki Chicken Bowl
The first steps to making this easy recipe are to put the chicken breasts in the main pot of the Instant Pot with 1 cup of broth or water. Seal and cook on high pressure for 8-10 minutes. Let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes and then manually release the pressure. Shred the juicy chicken and return in to the drained pot. Pour on the savory sauce and add in the vegetables.
Turn on the sauté function and cook for 3-4 minutes of cooking time. Turn it off, secure the lid on top, and let it all stay in there for 5 minutes. The vegetables will finish cooking with the heat that is already in there. Serve over your cooked rice of choice.
Best Way To Serve A Teriyaki Chicken Bowl
The best part of this Instant Pot meal is that it all cooks together. So you just need to make some rice according to the package directions and serve them together. If you are looking for a garnish on top, we suggest some sesame seeds or chopped green onions. If you need a side dish recipe, we suggest some edamame!
Absolutely! Feel free to use some bell peppers, mushrooms, sugar snap peas, green beans, or any of your favorite veggies you have on hand.
If you are looking to make any other variations, try adding some fresh ginger or red pepper flakes for a little kick of heat!
Yes! These teriyaki bowls are so easy to make that you can easily make it on a Sunday and place it in an airtight container in the fridge to enjoy for lunch all week long!
Made this delicious recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
A simple Teriyaki Chicken Bowl recipe that is healthy and delicious! Perfect for a busy weeknight dinner!
- Add 1 cup of chicken broth (or water) in the stainless steel pot of the Instant Pot. Place chicken inside (no need for trivet).
- Set Instant Pot to “Seal” and cook on High Pressure for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow Instant Pot to naturally release 5 minutes and then manually release remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken from Instant Pot and place on a plate or cutting board. Use two forks to shred. Drain instant pot and add shredded chicken back in.
- Pour teriyaki sauce on top of the chicken and stir to combine.
- Turn on the Sauté function and add vegetables; cook for 3-4 for minutes, stirring and adding any additional sauce, if needed.
- Turn off the Sauté function and cover the Instant Pot, allowing the vegetables to steam, for approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and test veggies. If they are too firm for your liking, put the cover back on and allow them to continue steaming for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Serve over cauliflower rice for Whole30/Paleo or over regular rice.
- Teriyaki Sauce: we love making our own homemade teriyaki sauce or our Paleo teriyaki sauce, but you can find great store-bought options too (we love this one)!
- Instant Pot: Always follow your Instant Pot’s manufacturer instructions when operating.
- Stove Top Instructions:
- Place chicken breasts in a dutch oven or large skillet and cover with water. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer, cover, and let cook for 20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through (internal temperature of 165 degrees F). Once fully cooked, remove chicken and shred with two forks. Drain the pot and place back on the stove. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add broccoli and carrots and sauté on medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes until vegetables are cooked, but tender. Add chicken back to the pot and drizzle with teriyaki sauce. Toss to coat the chicken and vegetables. Serve with cauliflower rice (if Whole30/Paleo) or regular rice.
- Serving Size: 6oz
- Calories: 146
- Sugar: 6.2 g
- Sodium: 656.4 mg
- Fat: 2.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.6 g
- Protein: 20.5 g
- Cholesterol: 56 mg
Keywords: Teriyaki Chicken Bowl, chicken teriyaki bowl, rice bowl recipe, easy dinner