How to Cook Turkey Bacon in the Oven – an incredibly easy, hassle-free way to cook turkey bacon in the oven! Perfect for any breakfast or brunch!
How to Cook Turkey Bacon
Sometimes you need to switch things up and throw some turkey bacon in the mix and the absolute easiest way to make any kind of bacon is in the oven! Making bacon on the stovetop splatters everywhere and is so messy. If you haven’t tried it in the oven, you are missing out! Below we will cover everything you need to know! Love serving these with some Easy Oven Baked Egg Cups!
Why This Recipe Works
- Easy: how easy is this? Just toss some bacon on a baking sheet and you are done!
- Mess-free: be eliminating cooking on the stove-top you have less splattering and less clean-up!
- Healthier: don’t get me wrong, I love regular pork bacon … but sometimes it is nice to switch it up for a bacon that is a little more lean.
What You Will Need
- turkey bacon – just grab your favorite – we love this one!
- parchment paper – you will have less mess for cleanup if you line the pan in parchment paper before placing your bacon on top.
How Long Should I Cook Turkey Bacon
The timing can vary a bit depending on how you like your bacon. After about 8 minutes at 425 degrees it is cooked and you could eat it, but if you like it a bit more crispy you might want to let it cook for about 12-13 minutes. Just keep your eye on it and remove it from the oven when it looks good to you!
What Temperature Should Turkey Bacon Be Cooked At
We cooked ours at 425 degrees. You could set your oven to a lower temperature but then your cook times would need to adjust accordingly and you would need to leave them in for longer.
How Long Can You Keep Cooked Bacon In The Refrigerator
After your bacon is cooked and cooled you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. This is perfect for prepping your bacon ahead of adding it to your favorite recipe!
Can I Freeze Cooked Bacon
Yes, you can! After your bacon has fully cooled you will want to place it in freezer-safe bags and then store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you are ready to thaw your bacon, just place it in the fridge and it will be good there for up to 5 days.
How To Cook Turkey Bacon In The Oven
Place your slices of bacon on a parchment-lined pan and make sure they are not touching.
Bake at 425 degrees F. until your desired crispness – here they are after 8 minutes.
Here they are after 12 minutes.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Turkey Bacon in the Oven – an incredibly easy, hassle-free way to cook turkey bacon in the oven! Perfect for any breakfast or brunch!
- 7–8 slices of turkey bacon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place turkey on a parchment-lined baking sheet; ensure pieces aren’t touching.
- Place in oven, middle rack, for 8-13 minutes. At 8 minutes the turkey bacon will be cooked, but not crispy. As you get closer to 12 or 13 minutes the turkey bacon will get more and more crispy – how long you ultimately need to cook it depends upon how you like your bacon cooked!
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.
- Paleo/Whole30: for paleo/Whole30 just double check your ingredient list on the turkey bacon packaging.
Keywords: turkey bacon in the oven, how to cook turkey bacon in the oven