Whole30 Cocktail Sauce – a healthy and delicious replica of your classic cocktail sauce!!
Easy Whole30 Cocktail Sauce
Shrimp cocktail is up there as one of my absolute favorite foods. It is my go-to appetizer (especially during the holidays) – and it reminds me of my Dad – even though he is allergic to shellfish, he ALWAYS makes sure he has some basically every time I come home ?
So I bought some shrimp cocktail the other day and as I was enjoying it ….. I realized I didn’t have a Whole30 version of!? So I did a little research to figure out what was in “regular” shrimp cocktail and had some fun experimenting in the kitchen to come up with an AWESOME Whole30 version that I know you guys will love!
This is a perfect snack if you are rocking a Whole30 or can even me a main dish if you are needing to mix up your menu. Of course, it makes a perfect appetizer and a brunch menu item (ahem … Mother’s Day is coming up!). Eating a big’ole plate of these shrimp with one of these mocktails sounds absolutely perfect to me!!
Hope you guys had an awesome weekend!!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Homemade BBQ Sauce
Homemade Enchilada Sauce
Homemade Buffalo Sauce
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account – Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
Whole30 Cocktail Sauce
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Refrigeration Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: Approx. 1/2 cup
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Counter Top
- Cuisine: American
Whole30 Cocktail Sauce – a healthy and delicious replica of the classic cocktail sauce! Whole30 and Paleo compliant!
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 Teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 Teaspoons apple juice or apple cider
- 1–2 Tablespoons prepared horseradish (more to taste)
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt ( more to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in small food processor and pulse until well combined (don’t over pulse or the consistency will be off).
- Taste and add additional horseradish and/or salt to taste.
- If you feel it needs additional sweetness, add additional apple juice, 1/2 Tablespoon at a time, but if you add too much you will lose the right consistency.
- Let cool fully in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Storage: store cocktail sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keywords: whole30 cocktail sauce
Matthew Coble says
Where do you find prepared horseradish without sugar or soy?
Hi Matthew – it is usually in the refrigerated section – look by the pickles? Silver Spring is a brand I use often (and seem to be able to find easily). Hope that helps!
This looks amazing!! What a great combo!! Thanks for sharing!!
Thanks, Kimberly!!! Glad you like it!! ?