Whole30 Shrimp Cocktail Sauce – a healthy and delicious replica of your classic cocktail sauce!!
Shrimp cocktail is up there as one of my absolute favorite foods. It is my go-to appetizer (especially during the holidays) – and it reminds me of my Dad – even though he is allergic to shellfish, he ALWAYS makes sure he has some basically every time I come home ?
So I bought some shrimp cocktail the other day and as I was enjoying it ….. I realized I didn’t have a Whole30 version of!? So I did a little research to figure out what was in “regular” shrimp cocktail and had some fun experimenting in the kitchen to come up with an AWESOME Whole30 version that I know you guys will love!
This is a perfect snack if you are rocking a Whole30 or can even me a main dish if you are needing to mix up your menu. Of course, it makes a perfect appetizer and a brunch menu item (ahem … Mother’s Day is coming up!). Eating a big’ole plate of these shrimp with one of these mocktails sounds absolutely perfect to me!!
Hope you guys had an awesome weekend!!
Have a great week!
A healthy and delicious replica of your classic cocktail sauce!!
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 Teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 Teaspoons apple juice or apple cider
- 1–2 Tablespoons prepared horseradish (more to taste)
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt ( more to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in small food processor and pulse until well combined (don’t over pulse or the consistency will be off).
- Taste and add additional horseradish and/or salt to taste.
- If you feel it needs additional sweetness, add additional apple juice, 1/2 Tablespoon at a time, but if you add too much you will lose the right consistency.
- Let cool fully in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Thank you so much for reading & supporting The Wooden Skillet! This post contains affiliate links for products I actually use in my own home and personally recommend. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, The Wooden Skillet will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original content. Thank you!