This is simply the Best Salmon Marinade you will ever make! It brings so many great flavors (soy sauce, garlic, ginger, etc.) that will compliment your salmon fillets perfectly. No matter how you cook them, they are guaranteed to be delicious!
The Best Salmon Marinade Recipe
Salmon is definitely one of our all-time favorite foods! It is light, healthy, and cooks quickly making it a great option for all of those busy weeknight dinners. This simple marinade will bring lots of great flavor from garlic to ginger to soy sauce and a touch of sweetness from a bit of honey. No matter if you are baking your salmon, grilling it by itself, or on a cedar plank – you are going to have the best salmon you have ever tasted!
And if you prefer to use a seasoning instead of a marinade, we have you covered, our salmon seasoning is another great way to add flavors that will perfectly compliment your fillets!
What You Will Need
- soy sauce, rice vinegar, balsamic vinegar, sesame oil, & fish sauce – a little of each provide the perfect flavor combination that is perfect for salmon!
- olive oil – giving a bit of flavor plus helps to pull flavor out of some of the other ingredients.
- lime juice – this provides a little acid that allows the oil and seasoning to flavor the meat.
- garlic & ginger – these are all about the flavor!
- honey – just a little for a touch of sweetness, feel free to increase or decrease to your desired taste.
- salt – a pinch for a bit of added seasoning.
How Long Should You Marinate Salmon
You will want to let you salmon marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes so that it can soak up all those great flavors, but no longer than an hour or two. If you let it marinate too long it will start to become a bit mushy.
How To Make The Best Salmon Marinade
Begin by gathering your ingredients.
Place them all in a mixing bowl.
And whisk until fully combined.
Place your salmon fillets in a shallow baking dish.
And pour the marinade right on top!
Let them sit for at least 30 minutes but no longer than 2 hours and then cook them any way you want!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Best Salmon Marinade – a classic, delicious salmon marinade recipe that is perfect no matter how you cook your salmon!
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (use coconut aminos for gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey (more to taste)
- pinch of salt
- Combine ingredients in small bowl.
- Whisk to combine.
- Place salmon fillets in pan or reusable silicone bag; pour marinade over and ensure salmon is fully coated.
- Let salmon marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes and no longer than 2 hours.
- Cook however you would like – we love grilling salmon or making Cedar Plank Salmon!
- Gluten-Free: to make this gluten-free simply use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce.
Keywords: salmon marinade