Warm Barbecue Chicken Pizza Dip – every ingredient you would want on your barbecue chicken pizza, but in a cheesy, warm dip that is perfect for game day!
This is sponsored content from Better than Bouillon®. The opinions are my own.
This Braised Barbecue Chicken Pizza Dip is ridiculous, you guys. And it is just in time for an awesome weekend of March Madness bball action. Everyone is going to be glued to the tv, watching for the next bracket buster….. and I will be right there with you (oh, wait – my bracket is already busted….). Hey, silver-lining, less time focusing on my defunct bracket and more time to focus on making this absolutely delicious dip – it is going to blow your minds!
So backstory on why I am making Braised Barbecue Chicken Pizza Dip – it is my husband’s absolute favorite. Barbecue Chicken Pizza is his favorite and that translates to dips as well. He loves it. I have made this recipe several times before, but this time I wanted to really elevate it and give it a little something extra; to make it pop. I decided my focus was going to be on the chicken – I wanted the best barbecued chicken, but I didn’t want it to take 10 hours to cook.
Immediately, my mind went to the Better than Bouillon® Roasted Chicken Base I had in my fridge. My game plan was simple, I was going to braise the chicken in a condensed chicken broth using the Better than Bouillon® Roasted Chicken Base. So, like the complete rebel that I am, I disregarded the instructions on the jar and instead of using 1 Teaspoon for every cup, I used 1 Tablespoon (I know… HUGE rebel). The result was a very flavorful (and delicious) broth base that I poured around the chicken breast. The theory was that the chicken breast would be braised in this condensed broth base and soak up the delicious flavor as it cooked.
It totally worked.
After the chicken was done braising, I simply added some barbecue sauce (without pouring out any excess liquid, because that only added to the delicious flavor) and then tossed it back in the oven for a bit longer to let all the flavors meld.
I am not kidding you, my husband would not stop raving about the chicken. The dip he loved – of course. But he just kept saying that he would easily just put the chicken on a bun, call it a slider and be done.
I am telling you – the secret ingredient was the Better than Bouillon® Roasted Chicken Base (and hey, did you know Better than Bouillon® has an Organic Roasted Chicken Base too!! I am always all about the organic choice!).
When you are cooking, it is all about doing seemingly little things that really elevate your recipes to the next level – this is one of them. It is such an easy step, but it really added to the wonderful flavors that are encompassed in this Braised Barbecue Chicken Pizza Dip and made the chicken the star of the show.
Here is the breakdown:
The chicken goes in a small skillet. Combine your water and extra Better than Bouillon® Roasted Chicken Base.
Pour your broth around the chicken.
Remember: it’s the little things…
After your chicken cooks, simply shred and add your favorite barbecue sauce.
It tastes even better than it looks.
I hope your brackets turn out better than mine did, but at least you know your dip will be a winner (see what I did there…). But seriously, if you guys make this dip, don’t expect it to last very long. De-lish.
Every ingredient you would want on your barbecue chicken pizza, but in a cheesy, warm dip that is perfect for game day!
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 8oz hot water
- 1 Tablespoon Better than Bouillon® Roasted Chicken Broth Base
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (2 different kinds)
- (2) 8oz packages of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 Teaspoon smoked paprika (plus additional for sprinkling on chicken)
- 4 Teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced and then halved
- 1/2 cup corn
- Additional cheese, cilantro and barbecue sauce; as desired
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In small iron skillet, add chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle with a bit of smoked paprika and kosher salt.
- Combine hot water and Better than Bouillon® Roasted Chicken Broth Base.
- Add the broth to the skillet and let braise for 40 minutes (or until fully cooked, flipping halfway through.
- Remove from oven, shred and add barbecue sauce.
- Mix well and put back in the oven for an additional 20-25 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, ranch, sour cream, cilantro, smoked paprika, hot sauce and 1/2 cup sharp cheddar and 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Pour mixture into large skillet.
- Then layer red onion, green pepper, corn and chicken on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Place in oven for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Add additional cilantro and barbecue sauce on top before serving, as desired.
- Serve with warm bread, crackers or chips.
Thank you so much for reading & supporting The Wooden Skillet! This post contains affiliate links for products I actually use in my own home and personally recommend. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, The Wooden Skillet will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original content. Thank you!