BBQ Chicken Dip – every ingredient you would want on your barbecue chicken pizza, but in a cheesy, warm dip that is perfect for game day!
Best Ever BBQ Chicken Dip
This BBQ Chicken Dip is ridiculously good! Made with simple ingredients and comes together so easily. It is sure to become a Game Day favorite. You could easily prep ahead of time and then pop it in the oven when you are ready to go. Serve with chips, baguette slices or celery!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Easy: the ingredients are simple and the come together pretty quick!
- Crowd-Friendly: this makes a good-sized batch and will definitely feed a crowd.
- Flavor: this dip is just packed with flavor. From the cream cheese-base to the delicious bbq chicken and then all those add-ins like green bell pepper, corn and red onion (that also add a much-needed crunch). Not to mention the melted cheese on top. When it all comes together it is just perfection.
What You Will Need
- shredded chicken: you can make your own shredded chicken, buy store-bought or grab a rotisserie chicken and break it apart.
- barbecue sauce: use your favorite store-bought brand or you can make some homemade!
- cream cheese (regular or dairy-free): use regular cream cheese or I love the Kite Hill brand for dairy-free.
- ranch dressing (regular or dairy-free): this homemade dairy-free ranch dressing is SO good if you are looking for a store-bought alternative.
- sour cream (regular or dairy-free): we have a homemade dairy-free sour cream on the site, otherwise Forager makes a great store-bought dairy-free sour cream. Or you can use regular – whatever works for you.
- cilantro: this pairs so well with the bbq sauce!
- (optional) hot sauce: totally optional, but fee free to add if you want to spice things up.
- sharp cheddar cheese + mozzarella cheese + parmesan cheese (regular or dairy-free): ooooh that cheesy goodness!
- red onion + green bell pepper + corn: these add extra flavor and a bit of crunch.
How to Make BBQ Chicken Dip
Combine your shredded chicken and bbq sauce. Set aside.
Add all your cream cheese base ingredients to a bowl.
Stir to combine.
Pour out into a large, deep cast iron skillet (a casserole dish could be used as well).
Top with corn, bell peppers and red onion.
Top with the bbq chicken.
Cover with shredded cheese.
Bake until bubbly.
Other Recipes You Might LikePrint
BBQ Chicken Dip – everything you want in a barbecue chicken pizza, but in a wonderfully warm and delicious dip! Perfect for Game Day!
- 1 lb cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 16oz cream cheese (regular or dairy-free), softened
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing (regular or dairy-free)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (regular or dairy-free)
- 1/2 roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- (optional) 2-3 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (regular or dairy-free), divided
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (regular or dairy-free), divided
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese (regular or dairy-free)
- 1/2 red onion, sliced or diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup corn
- Additional cheese, cilantro and barbecue sauce; as desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine shredded chicken and bbq sauce; stir to combine and set aside..
- In large mixing bowl combine cream cheese, ranch, sour cream, cilantro, hot sauce (if using), 1/2 cup sharp cheddar, 1/2 cup mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into large skillet and spread out evenly.
- Then layer corn, red onion, green pepper and bbq chicken on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Place in oven for 20-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Add additional cilantro, red onion or barbecue sauce on top before serving, as desired.
- Serve with warm bread, crackers or chips.
- Dairy-Free Cream Cheese: I love the Kite Hill brand for dairy-free cream cheese!
Keywords: bbq chicken dip
Originally published March 23, 2017.