This amazing Chicken Caesar Burger is the perfect spin on a classic chicken burger. It has all of the flavors of a chicken caesar salad but in a juicy burger-form that is grilled to perfection! It’s a great way to mix-up your regular burger night!
An Easy Chicken Caesar Burger
We absolute love the ease of grilling burgers AND we love all of the great flavors of a simple caesar salad, so why not combine the two!? That is exactly what we did and the result is out of this world. It is a simple chicken burger that has all of the parmesan, worcestershire, lemon, and caesar dressing flavors that come with a caesar salad. It really is the perfect salad-burger spin that we will have on repeat at our house!
And if you love caesar dressing as much as we do, then you definitely have to make our Healthy Caesar Dressing! So simple and delicious!
What You Will Need
- ground chicken – just grab a pound of your favorite ground chicken at the grocery store.
- white onion – simply grate the onion on to a paper towel and squeeze out the moisture before adding to the rest of the ingredients.
- frozen butter – this is our secret ingredient for keeping it so juicy! We just keep a stick of butter in the freezer so it is always ready for tossing in a burger mix.
- minced garlic – everything is always better with a little garlic!
- worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, & liquid smoke – a delicious flavor combo that pairs really well with the ground chicken.
- mayo – adds a bit of flavor and some more moisture to keep things juicy!
- lemon zest – just a sprinkling to help bring out all the great flavors.
- parmesan cheese – if you want to keep this dairy free you have the option to omit or find a dairy free option.
- kosher salt & pepper – add a little to the burger patties once they are formed for some added seasoning.
- bun of choice – just grab your favorite! Option to get whole wheat, gluten-free, or a simple lettuce bun.
- toppings: we topped this one with romaine lettuce, caesar dressing, parmesan cheese, & croutons because it is a chicken caesar burger after all, but you could top it any way you want.
How To Keep A Chicken Burger Juicy
We have a few key tips to keeping your chicken burgers as juicy as possible. First, you have to add the frozen grated butter. Those little bits of butter mixed into the burger ingredients really help to keep them nice and moist! Second, keep an eye on them when they are on the grill and make sure you have a meat thermometer ready to check their internal temp. Once they reach 160 degrees F on the inside you want to take them off the grill. The longer they cook past that point will result in them becoming a bit drier.
How Long Should I Grill A Chicken Burger
You will want to begin by preheating the grill so that the grates are nice and hot before adding your chicken patties. Once it is heated and you have rubbed the grates with some olive oil, you will grill the patties for 5-6 minutes on each side or until they reach an internal temp of 160 degrees (use a meat thermometer).
What To Serve With A Chicken Caesar Burger
You could simply serve this burger with some grilled potato wedges, grilled sweet potatoes, or a simple caesar side salad – you already have the ingredients out so why not!?
These burgers can easily be made ahead of time! Depending on how far ahead you want to do the prep you can either make the patties and store then in an airtight container in the fridge overnight or you can make the patties, place parchment paper in between them, and place them all in a freezer safe bag to store for up to 3 months.
How To Make a Chicken Caesar Burger
First, you will want to shred the white onion on a paper towel.
Then you can squeeze as much moisture out of the shredded onion as possible.
Using the same grater, you can shred a couple tablespoons of frozen butter.
Now place all of the burger ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Mix to fully combine.
Form into patties and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Place a thumb-sized indent in the middle of each patty and sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper. The pan can go in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
Carefully grease the hot grill grates with olive oil on a paper towel.
Place the chicken burgers on a preheated grill for about 5-6 minutes per side or until they reach an internal temp of 160 degrees F.
If using cheese, place the slices on during the last 1-2 minutes of cooking.
Enjoy with all the toppings!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Other Caesar Recipes You Might Like
Chicken Caesar Wrap
Salmon Caesar Salad
Easy Shrimp Caesar Salad
Dairy Free Caesar Dressing
Chicken Caesar Burger
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Freeze Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 47 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner/Entree
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Chicken Caesar Burger – a delicious, easy grilled chicken caesar burger that is juicy and packed with flavor! Perfect for summer!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/4 cup white onion, shredded
- 2–3 tablespoons frozen butter, shredded*
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)**
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- kosher salt and ground black pepper
- hamburger bun of your choice (regular or gluten-free)
- romaine lettuce
- Caesar Dressing (or Dairy-Free Caesar Dressing)
- shaved parmesan cheese
- Ensure grill grates are clean and heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place a cheese grater on top of 2-3 pieces of paper towel. Grate the white onion on top of the paper towel. Use the paper towel to gently squeeze out as much of the excess moisture from the onion.
- Use the same cheese grater to shred the frozen butter (if using).
- In a large bowl combine ground chicken, grated white onion, grated butter, garlic, worcestershire, mayo, dijon, lemon zest, liquid smoke and parmesan cheese.
- Fully combine.
- Prepare a small parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Divide mixture into 4 equal patties about 1/2-3/4 inches thick on the cookie sheet. Press down in the middle with your thumb to create an indent.
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes (this ensures it will be easy for you to lift them off the cookie sheet and they will hold their shape on the grill).
- Season the top generously with kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Take a piece of paper towel and put a little olive oil on it – hold it with a pair of tongs and rub the olive oil on the hot grill carefully.
- Place burgers on the grill over direct heat and close the lid.
- Let cook 5-6 minutes per side or until they reach 160 degrees internal temperature.
- If using cheese, place on top during the last 1-2 minutes of cooking.
- Remove and let rest 5 minutes.
- To build burger: place a piece of lettuce on top of the bottom bun. Follow with Caesar Dressing, chicken burger, more Caesar Dressing, red onion, lettuce, parmesan cheese, croutons and top bun.
- *Frozen Butter – if you are looking to really keep these chicken burgers lean, you can definitely omit the butter BUT if you are just looking for a juicy chicken burger then definitely include this step!
- **Liquid Smoke: this is totally optional! I love a bit of smokiness in my burger, but if that isn’t your thing (or you just don’t have it on hand) feel free to omit!
- Make ahead: feel free to make the patties the day before. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Freeze: to make these ahead and freeze simply make patties and then place a piece of parchment between them as you stack. Place in a freezer-safe bag, label and place in freezer for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight and then grill according to the instructions above.
Keywords: caesar burger
What can i sub for liquid smoke?
Hi Megan – there isn’t really a sub for liquid smoke, but you can omit if you need to!