How to Grill Sweet Potatoes – a quick and simple way to cook sweet potatoes!
This is going to be your new favorite way to eat sweet potatoes!
How to Grill Sweet Potatoes
Grilled sweet potatoes recently became a family favorite in our house! We grill A LOT (even in the winter) and it’s nice to be able to grill an entire meal (so much less clean-up). We love sweet potatoes so one day we decided to just slice some up and throw them on the grill – we found our new favorite side dish! And it is SO easy!
How long to grill sweet potatoes
This does depend, in part, on how thick you cut your sweet potatoes, but I would recommend cutting them approximately 1/4 – 1/2 inches thick. At this thickness you grill them about 3 minutes per side or until they are nice and charred.
What temp to grill sweet potatoes
You want your grill pretty hot – 500 degrees and make sure you grill over direct heat (directly over the flame) and preferably in the middle of the grill where the heat is at its highest.
What to serve with grilled sweet potatoes
I HIGHLY recommend you serve these with some mustard mayo dipping sauce!!!
How to store grilled sweet potatoes
These will keep maybe for a day or two, but then they will get soggy. So if you have extras let them cook first and then store in airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
Other recipes you might like:
A quick and easy side dish!
- 1 large sweet potato cut into 1/4-1/2 inch slices (you can slice the long way or the short way)
- avocado oil
- Bring grill up to 500 degrees.
- Slice sweet potatoes and place in large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle some oil over top, just enough to lightly coat the potatoes and then use your hands to rub the oil into each slice, both sides.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Toss to coat.
- Place sweet potatoes over direct heat and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes per side or until nicely charred.
- Remove and serve immediately with mustard mayo.
Keywords: how to grill sweet potatoes