Crispy Buffalo Chicken Salad (Healthy) – A simple and delicious Crispy Buffalo Chicken Salad that is gluten-free, Whole30, Paleo + dairy-free!
Crispy Buffalo Chicken Salad (Paleo)
This post is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill but the opinions are my own.
This is one of my all-time favorite salads!
I am a HUGE fan of anything with buffalo sauce on it. And when I go to a restaurant my go-to order is usually a buffalo chicken salad, but it isn’t necessarily always made with the cleanest ingredients. Soooo I am very excited to be partnering with my friends over at Bob’s Red Mill to bring you this Crispy Buffalo Chicken Salad that is Whole30 + Paleo + Gluten-Free!! The chicken is “breaded” with Bob’s Red Mill Cassava Flour + Tapioca Flour and it works so well! Toss the breaded chicken in some of my homemade buffalo sauce (store-bought works too!) and you are good to go! Can’t wait for you guys to try this!
Best Type of Chicken To Use for Buffalo Chicken Salad
To save time I would recommend just buying chicken strips, but if you can’t find them, I have also made this by just cutting boneless, skinless chicken breasts into strips! Works just as well!
Does the Chicken Make Good Leftovers
Yes! I made extra when I was testing this recipe and after I cooked one of the batches of chicken I put it in a Stasher Bag and kept it in the refrigerator overnight and it was amazing the next day! BUT I wouldn’t toss it in the buffalo sauce before saving. Wait and do that before you eat it!
Other Buffalo Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs (Paleo + Whole30 + Gluten-Free)
- Buffalo Chicken Wings (Paleo + Whole30 + Gluten-Free)
- Buffalo Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps (Paleo + Whole30 + Gluten-Free)
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:Print
Crispy Buffalo Chicken Salad (Healthy) – A delicious and healthy spin on your classic Buffalo Chicken Salad!
- 1 lb chicken strips
- 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Cassava Flour
- 3 tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill Tapioca Flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- avocado oil (olive oil will work too)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup Paleo buffalo sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- Paleo Ranch (store-bought or homemade)
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- Take two medium, shallow bowls.
- In one bowl crack the egg and whisk.
- In the other bowl add cassava flour, tapioca flour, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- Place a large cast iron skillet on the stove-top and bring to medium heat. Add enough oil to coat the pan (about two tablespoons).
- Create an assembly line next to the stove so, in batches, you can take the chicken strips and place them in the egg, turning over so it is fully covered. Pick up and let the excess egg fall off. Then place in the cassava flour mixture and turn until it is fully covered. Then place chicken in the hot oil, cooking approximately 4-6 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Once chicken has reached an internal temp of 165, remove from the skillet and place on a paper-towel lined plate.
- Repeat this process, adding additional oil as the pan becomes dry, in batches until all the chicken is cooked (should take 3-4 batches, depending on the size of your skillet).
- Take two salad bowls and add the romaine, celery, tomatoes, avocado and green onion.
- Place buffalo sauce in a medium bowl and add the cooked chicken. Toss to coat the chicken.
- Place coated chicken on top of the salad bowls.
- Serve with ranch dressing.
- Chicken Strips: you can simply purchase boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cut them into strips
Keywords: crispy buffalo chicken salad, paleo buffalo chicken salad