Herbed Butter Recipe– a super easy, step-by-step tutorial that teaches you how to make your own homemade herb butter! So easy!
Herb Butter – Why You Will Love it!
- Easy – this can easily be mixed together in minutes – so simple!
- Versatile – there are so many different herb combinations you could use in this. Get creative with different flavors!
- Elevates – it will bring all of your favorite foods to the next level. Once you start whipping up different flavored butters you will never go back!
What You Will Need
- Butter – any butter will do as long as it is nice and soft for mixing.
- Fresh parsley – this is the herb that we chose for this recipe but you can easily switch it out for one of your other favorites.
- Garlic – the flavor just can’t be beat! Garlic + butter is a match made in heaven!
- Salt – if you use salted butter you can omit this or adjust depending on your taste.
Garlic Herb Butter
Feel free to add extra garlic to make this more of a garlic herb butter!
Herb Butter for Steak
Make homemade herb butter for steak is the BEST way to elevate an already great steak. We love using it on our Grilled Steak (perfect for Ny Strip, Ribeye or Filet Mignon)!
What Else Should I Serve This On?
This herbed butter would be amazing on just about anything! We love to enjoy it with Mashed Potatoes, Grilled Snapper or Salmon. It is also great to have on hand for tossing in the pan with just about any vegetable – Zucchini, Green Beans, and Mushroom & Onions. The options are endless!
What Other Herbs Could I Use?
In this recipe we used fresh parsley, but it would also be great with thyme, rosemary, chives or even cilantro! Get creative and let us know what your favorite combination is.
Can I Used Dried Herbs Instead of Fresh Ones?
You can, but we highly recommend using fresh ones. They just pack more flavor!
Tips for Storing Herbed Butter
- Cover your herbed butter completely with wax paper.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 month or the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Pull out what you need when you need it! The entire piece of butter or simply cut off the amount that you need.
- This is such a great way to store some of the extra herbs you have from the garden at the end of the summer! Enjoy for months to come!
How To Make Herb Butter
Step One – Gather ingredients.
Step Two – Mix ingredients together in a small bowl.
Step Three – Place on wax paper.
Step Four – Use your hands to form it into a ball or log with wax paper all around the butter.
Step Five – Place in the freezer for 30 minutes or the fridge for 2-3 hours to firm up before using.
Step Six – Enjoy any way you want!
Recipe FAQs and Tips
- Herbs: this recipe calls for fresh parsley, but any will do! You could try thyme, rosemary, or even chives would be amazing!
- Garlic: this is optional but the flavor is amazing – you won’t regret it!
- Salt: this can be adjusted to your taste. If you use a salted butter you may want to omit it.
- Storing: simply wrap up the herbed butter in wax paper and then you can store it in the fridge for up to 1 month or the freezer up to 3 months.
- What Should I Serve This On? we absolutely love this on Grilled Steak, but you will also love it on Mashed Potatoes, Grilled Snapper or Salmon. Or toss some in the pan with just about any vegetable – Zucchini, Green Beans, and Mushroom & Onions. The options are endless!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Easy Herbed Butter – a super easy, step-by-step tutorial that teaches you how to make your own homemade herbed butter! So easy!
- 3–4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1–2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- pinch of salt
- Add ingredients to a small bowl.
- Use a spoon to combine.
- Place butter mixture on a piece of wax paper.
- Use your hands to form the butter into a ball or log-shape.
- Then cover the butter with wax paper and use your hands to gently roll the ball into a log.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes or in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours to firm up before using.
- We love using it on some beautiful grilled steaks!
- Herbs: feel free to really use any herbs you want just keep the amount to about 1-2 tablespoons for every 3-4 tablespoons of butter you use. Chives would be good and so would thyme and rosemary!
- Garlic: garlic is totally optional, but the flavor is amazing!
- Salt: if you are using salted butter you can skip the extra salt if you want – depends upon how much you like salt 🙂
Keywords: herbed butter