It’s hard to say no to dip, especially when there’s cheese involved. This Easy Whipped Feta dip is a breeze to put together (only 10 minutes!) and a true crowd pleaser. Simply serve it with some warm pita bread, olives, and fresh veggies OR some Greek Meatballs.
Easy Whipped Feta Dip
We love a good appetizer or snack over here at The Wooden Skillet, especially when there are minimal ingredients and it’s a snap to put together, which is why we’re big fans of this easy whipped feta recipe. The creamy feta and yogurt pairs perfectly with garlic, fresh lemon and mint. Add in some soft pita bread, olives, and chopped veggies, and you’re set! If you don’t have pita bread on hand, prepare some grilled bread or some of our Greek Meatballs! If you loved this recipe, you should also try out our healthy veggie dip for your next gathering.
What You Will Need
- feta cheese – The salty, fresh, and tangy notes of this popular cheese lends itself perfectly for this cheese based dip.
- plain Greek yogurt – This full bodied ingredient helps to add creaminess throughout.
- high-quality olive oil – A little bit goes a long way to making this recipe smooth and rich with flavor.
- grated lemon – When in doubt, add lemon to brighten up any recipe with its fresh citrus flavor.
- fresh mint – Menthol contained in this small herb brings a light minty flavor throughout.
- garlic – An important ingredient to provide a bit of heat and nuttiness.
- kosher salt & ground pepper – Elevate the profile of these amazingly paired ingredients with the OG seasonings.
How To Whip Feta
A food processor is definitely the best option as its wide base ensures that all the ingredients will be mixed thoroughly and its powerful motor whips the feta to the right consistency. You can try experimenting with a blender, but it’ll probably require a lot of starting and stopping to scrape the mixture off the edges and into the blender portion of the container.
How To Make Whipped Feta Dip
Place all of your pre-measured ingredients into your food processor.
Process the ingredients on high until smooth.
What To Serve With Whipped Feta Dip
Pita bread, olives, and chopped veggies are our favorites, but serve what suits your palette! For the more adventurous, try out our easy sweet potato sticks in place of traditional raw veggies. And if you don’t have pita bread on hand, serve warm grilled bread instead.
Taste and adjust any salt or other flavors as necessary.
What Main Course Pairs Well With Whipped Feta
We’re so glad that you asked! Following the Greek theme, Greek Chicken Meatballs is one of our favorites. If you’re looking for lighter fare, a Greek chicken salad is as refreshing as it is delicious. Finally, delight your guests or family with some decadent dark chocolate sorbet or mint chocolate vegan shortbread cookies for dessert.
Serve with your favorite fresh veggies and pita bread and enjoy!
How Long Can You Store Whipped Feta
You can simply store your whipped feta in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Perfect for making it ahead of time! And if you are interested in storing it for longer you can easily store it for up to 2-3 months in the freezer! Just thaw in the fridge when you are ready to use it.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Easy Whipped Feta – a delicious whipped feta dip recipe that pairs perfectly with pita bread, fresh veggies and olives!
- 8oz feta cheese
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 4 teaspoons high-quality olive oil
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint leaves, minced
- 2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add ingredients to food processor (crumble the feta so it whips more easily).
- Process mixture on high until the consistency is smooth.
- Taste and adjust any salt or other flavor, as necessary.
- Serve with pita bread, fresh vegetables or our Greek Meatballs.
- Dairy-Free: feel free to use dairy-free feta instead of regular.
- Storage: Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keywords: whipped feta