This smooth & creamy Whipped Ricotta can be whipped up in only 10 minutes with 7 real, simple ingredients. The perfect savory appetizer with a touch of sweetness!
10-Minute Whipped Ricotta Recipe
We have been using ricotta in a variety of pasta dishes (like lasagna), but recently we have fallen in love with ricotta in a whole new way! We whipped it up in a food processor with garlic, olive oil, seasonings, a bit of sweetness from some honey, and spread it on toast… the result is absolute perfection. It makes a quick and easy appetizer that can be made in only 10 minutes!
If you need a dairy-free ricotta option we also have an amazing recipe for a vegan ricotta!
What You Will Need
- whole milk ricotta – the most creamy and amazing ricotta is whole milk ricotta, but if you prefer to use one with a lower milk content you could.
- olive oil – highly recommend using a high-quality olive oil for best flavor and results.
- lemon zest – a bit of acidity really helps to bring out all the wonderful flavors.
- garlic, kosher salt & pepper – add some simple flavor and seasoning and it will be great!
- honey – some added sweetness is the perfect compliment to the savory ricotta.
What Does Whipped Ricotta Taste Like
Whipped ricotta has a wonderfully smooth and creamy texture with an amazingly sweet, yet savory taste. You can adjust the amount of honey to your preferred sweetness level and no need to cook this ricotta at all.
You can simply store this in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. We do recommend that you give it about 15 minutes to come up to room temperature before serving, it just tastes so much better without the chill from the fridge.
How To Make Whipped Ricotta
Simply place all of the ingredients in a food processor or high-powered blender.
Blend on high until fully blended and smooth.
Then enjoy on some grilled bread, with some added honey.
Or in your favorite pasta or gnocchi dish.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Whipped Ricotta – a delicious and simple whipped ricotta recipe that is perfect with pasta or on some grilled bread with honey!
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 2 tablespoon high-quality olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey (more if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Dairy-Free: Feel free to use a dairy-free ricotta if you prefer!
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: whipped ricotta