With crispy skin and a fluffy center, this Easy Oven Baked Potato recipe is sure to be on your weekly menu. It’s the perfect side dish to pair with your favorite grilled item or make it the star of the show with fun toppings.
The Best Baked Potato Recipe
Think of the potato as a vehicle for fun toppings, creative ingredient combinations, and a classic flavor that makes you feel warm and cozy. With a variety of toppings and seasonings, this versatile side dish is sure to please everyone at the table. If you’re on the adventurous side, try out this Ghee and Cilantro Stuffed Sweet Potato next!
Love Potatoes – try our favorite Twice Baked Potatoes!
What You Will Need
- Russet Potatoes – Their mild flavor and light and fluffy texture makes these potatoes the perfect choice for baking. Choose similar sized potatoes to ensure even cooking.
- Olive Oil – Use whatever you have on hand, but Primal Kitchen olive oil is our favorite.
- Kosher Salt – A simple seasoning that is perfect on a baked potato.
Can I Use A Different Variety Of Potato?
Yes! Sweet potato, long white, and Peruvian are just a few. However, note that using a different variety will provide a different flavor and texture and you may need to adjust the cook time.
How To Store A Baked Potato
Let your potato cool to room temperature, place in an airtight container, place in the fridge, and your baked potato will last 3-5 days.
What Toppings Can I Add To My Baked Potato?
So glad you asked because this is where things get fun. If you’re going the classic route, add homemade sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, chives, and bacon. For the more adventurous, experiment with a combination of salsa, beans, and cilantro. For something a bit more hearty, top with chili, cheddar cheese, green onion, and sour cream. Experiment with your own flavor combinations to find something that suits you.
What Should I Serve with a Baked Potato?
A baked potato is the perfect side dish to round out a meal. Pair it with a grilled steak, chicken thighs, or smoked pork chops. Add some color to your plate with grilled asparagus or parmesan broccoli.
How To Make An Easy Oven Roasted Potato
After washing potatoes, dry by gently patting them with a paper towel.
Pierce with a fork 3-4 times.
Drizzle with olive oil and rub throughly to coat the entire potato.
Sprinkle with kosher salt.
Place potatoes directly on your oven rack and bake for 60-75 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Let your potatoes cool, cover with your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Easy Oven Baked Potato – a simple, tried and true recipe for an oven baked potato. The perfect side dish for any meal!
- 2 russet potatoes
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- After washing off the potatoes, pat dry with a clean paper towel.
- Pierce with a fork 3-4 times.
- Drizzle with olive oil and rub all over to coat.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Place in the oven, directly on the oven rack.
- Let bake for 60-75 minutes.
- Remove and let cool slightly before serving.
- Storage: store leftover baked potatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: oven baked potato