Easy Shrimp Caesar Salad – this delicious and easy shrimp caesar salad recipe comes together quickly! Made with either grilled shrimp or pan-fried shrimp and a homemade caesar dressing – you are going to LOVE this recipe! Dairy-free options included!
Best Ever Shrimp Caesar Salad
This is one of my all-time favorite lunch items! It comes together quickly and easily, is nice and light (yet still filling) and it always hits the spot. Come to think of it, anything with caesar on it is a favorite of mine! These Chicken Caesar Wraps and this Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad are go-to’s on my weekly menu plan as well!
Why This Recipe Works
- Quick: shrimp cooks SO quickly, just a few minutes per side and they are done!
- Light: not only do shrimp cook quickly, but eve though they are a great source of protein they aren’t heavy! You walk away feeling full, but not bloated.
- Dairy-Free Friendly: this meal can easily be dairy-free/paleo if you omit the parmesan cheese and choose a dairy-free dressing.
Shrimp Caesar Salad Ingredients
- jumbo shrimp: feel free to use fresh or frozen for this recipe. I like to cook them with the tails still on, but you can easily remove those before cooking if you prefer.
- ghee or butter: you could also use olive oil if you want.
- salt and pepper: I really enjoy the natural flavor of shrimp, but they still need some salt and pepper.
- romaine lettuce: you can use a different lettuce if you prefer.
- avocado: I generally use about half an avocado per salad, but feel free to use more if you want.
- Caesar Dressing: we have a great homemade caesar dressing or you can use store-bought. I love Tessemae’s Caesar for a dairy-free/paleo option or try our Homemade Dairy-Free Caesar.
How to Make Shrimp Caesar Salad
Make your homemade caesar dressing and set aside (or the dairy-free version).
If you want to marinate your shrimp before hand you certainly can! We have a great shrimp marinade on the site!
Add some butter or oil to a cast iron skillet and cook your shrimp about 2-4 minutes per side.
If you prefer to grill your shrimp, here is our guide for that!
Toss everything in a bowl and you are good to go!
Or make it dairy-free/paleo by skipping the parmesan cheese and using a dairy-free/paleo caesar dressing.
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Grilled Steak Salad
Grilled Chicken Salad
Grilled Salmon Salad
Smoked Salmon Salad
Easy Shrimp Caesar Salad
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 salad 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Easy Shrimp Caesar Salad – A quick and easy lunch or dinner that will be ready in minutes! Cook your shrimp on the stove-top or on the grill (see Notes).
- 10–12 jumbo shrimp, raw
- 1–2 tablespoons ghee or butter
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup tablespoons Caesar Dressing or Dairy-Free Caesar
- Take a small or medium skillet and bring to medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of ghee and let melt.
- Place shrimp in pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook shrimp 2-3 minutes per side or until fully cooked.
- Add additional tablespoon of ghee if needed to ensure the shrimp don’t dry out.
- When you flip over the shrimp, salt and pepper the other side as well.
- As the shrimp are cooking, rip up your romaine lettuce and place in bowl.
- Add dressing and toss lettuce.
- Place shrimp on top of lettuce along with half an avocado and parmesan cheese.
- We love serving it with grilled bread or croutons.
- Grilled Shrimp: for grilling instructions see our tutorial on How to Grill Shrimp.
- Shrimp Marinade: if you want marinade your shrimp before cooking here is our Best Ever Shrimp Marinade.
- Store-bought caesar: of course you can use any caesar dressing you want – I really love Tessamae’s caesar dressing!
- Dairy-Free/Paleo/Whole30: simply omit the parmesan cheese and use a compliant dressing like this dairy-free version.
Keywords: shrimp caesar salad
Originally published January 5, 2018.
Yum!! I can’t wait to make this salad!! I am starting my 2nd Whole30 on January 20th!
Thanks, Paige! That is awesome to hear! This is such an easy salad to throw together! 🙂 Excited for you!