Easy Shrimp Caesar salad (Whole30) – a quick and easy lunch or dinner that will be ready in minutes!
This is my go-to lunch …. pretty much always (well this and tuna salad, but let’s face it – this is much prettier …). It is the most delicious and simple lunch or dinner ever and perfect for your Whole30 menu!
I don’t care if you are doing the Whole30 thang or not, this salad EASY and DELICIOUS ?. Shrimp are one of my most favorite proteins to cook with, they are light and delicious and so easy to cook. I have always loved them in Caesar salads so I am excited to share this simple recipe with you guys!
So I am on Day 4 of Whole30 and feeling pretty amazing already – I had a slight headache and some achiness Day 2 and 3, maybe a little extra tired, but not too bad – nothing like my first Whole30! I eat fairly closely to Whole30 a lot of the time now, so the sugar withdrawal process wasn’t nearly as uncomfortable. If you guys are doing January Whole30, let me know how you are doing!!
Alright you guys, I keepin this post suuuuuper short. It has been a crazy week and my 6 year old literally just walked downstairs and pink eye blew up in her right eye….. soooo yeah. I know what I will be doing tomorrow! And it involves disinfecting my house and taking her to the doctor – Boo.
One quick thing about the salad, I used store-bought Whole30 compliant dressing called Tessemae’s Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing.
It is probably one of my most favorite Whole30 products – I know there are a ton of good Whole30 Caesar dressing recipes out there, but so far this is still my favorite! So throw on whatever other Whole30 Caesar dressing you want, but that is what I used!
Also, the recipe calls for ghee and I have an awesome tutorial on how to make it yourself – its so easy. Finally, the recipe is just for one salad, but it is obviously easily doubled!
- 6-7 jumbo shrimp, raw
- 1-2 Tablespoons ghee
- salt and pepper
- 2-3 cups romaine lettuce
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2-3 Tablespoons Whole30 Caesar dressing (I recommend Tessemae’s)
- Take a small or medium skillet and bring to medium heat.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of ghee and let melt.
- Place shrimp in pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook shrimp 2-3 minutes per side or until fully cooked.
- Add additional Tablespoon of ghee if needed to ensure the shrimp don’t dry out.
- When you flip over the shrimp, salt and pepper the other side as well.
- As the shrimp are cooking, rip up your romaine lettuce and place in bowl.
- Add dressing and toss lettuce.
- Place shrimp on top of lettuce along with half an avocado.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting all things The Wooden Skillet.