This super easy Grilled Broccolini recipe is an easy, step-by-step tutorial that shows you how to make grilled broccolini with only 3 real, simple ingredients! It is perfect for tossing on the grill when making any of your favorite grilled recipes. Enjoy all summer long!
The Best Grilled Broccolini
An easy addition to any meal! Perfect for summer when you are grilling anyway! I am such a fan of broccolini – I swear I could eat it every day! We make this so often during the summer since we grill most nights. We just throw these on with whatever else we are grilling! Quick, easy and my kids actually love it (no, seriously they do). If you can’t find broccolini, you can also easily grill broccoli!
What You Will Need
- fresh broccolini – a delicious variety of broccoli that is found in most local grocery stores.
- extra virgin olive oil – drizzle some on the fresh broccolini and make sure you really massage it in with your hands for the best results.
- kosher salt – sprinkle on a little salt for some added seasoning.
What is Broccolini
Broccolini is a hybrid between Chinese Kale and Broccoli!
Here is a nice article from The Kitchn all about the differences between Broccoli, Broccolini, Broccoli Rabe and Chinese Broccoli!
Where Can I Find Broccolini
You can find broccolini in the produce section of many grocery stores! I have found it at my local co-op, ALDI, Whole Foods and other grocery stores! If your store doesn’t carry it maybe ask someone in the produce department if they could start carrying it!
How To Grill Broccolini
To start making this simple vegetable side dish by preheating the grill to 450-500 degrees F. While the grill is heating, place the broccolini on a cutting board and cut off the bottom 1/2 inch (just to remove any dried out ends). Place broccolini in a large bowl or on a large tray and drizzle with olive oil.
Using your hands, massage the oil into every little nook and cranny of all the broccolini pieces. Then sprinkle generously with salt.
Place prepared broccolini on the clean grill grates over direct heat for 6 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
If you prefer more of a char feel free to leave on for an additional minute or two until it is charred to your preference. Carefully remove and serve immediately.
What To Serve With Grilled Broccolini
We serve broccolini with pretty much anything else we are grilling such as:
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, check out my Instagram account or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Other Grilled Vegetable Recipes You Might Like
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 11 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Grilled Broccolini – This is an easy, go-to side dish that is perfect for summer!
- 6–12 oz fresh broccolini
- 2–3 tablespoons avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 2–3 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat grill to 450-500 degrees F and make sure grill grates are clean.
- While the grill is heating, place broccolini on a cutting board and cut off the bottom 1/2 inch (just to remove any dried out ends).
- Place broccolini in a large bowl or on a large tray (a baking sheet works).
- Drizzle with oil. Using your hands, massage the oil into every little nook and cranny of all the broccolini pieces. And sprinkle generously with kosher salt.
- Place broccolini over direct heat in a single layer for 6 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- If you prefer more of a char, feel free to leave them on for an additional minute or two until it is charred to your preference.
- Remove and serve immediately.
- Direct Heat Definition: placing the broccolini over “high heat” simply means you are placing it directly over the heat source (fire).
- Storage: leftovers can be placed in an airtight container and stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Cooking techniques: if you don’t have a grill, you can Roast Broccolini in the oven or Air Fry Broccolini too!
Keywords: grilled broccolini, how to grill broccolini
Leave a Rating & Comment