This light and flavorful Lamb Chop Marinade is perfect for lamb chops, no matter how you cook them! We love keeping it simple and cooking them on the stovetop in a large skillet, but they are also great on the grill! A great option for an easy dinners using juicy lamb chops.
The Best Marinade For Lamb Chops
We absolutely love making some classic lamb lollipops (our favorite cut of lamb) and the best way to enjoy them is by simply letting them soak in this easy lamb chop marinade for at least 30 minutes before cooking! You only need about 8 simple ingredients to bring so much flavor to your lamb chops. We highly recommend letting your lamb chops marinate in this deliciousness overnight, but even a half hour can make a difference in the juiciness and flavor!
Looking for another lamb recipe for your next holiday? Try our Ultimate Leg of Lamb – so good!
What You Will Need
- avocado oil – you can also use extra virgin olive oil, either will work great as a base for this simple marinade.
- garlic – everything is always better with some garlic!
- fresh rosemary & dried oregano leaves – dried and fresh herbs that bring great flavor that really compliment the natural flavor of lamb.
- lemon zest (lemon rind) & lemon juice – a little bit of acidity to lighten and brighten your favorite lamb chop recipe.
- kosher salt & ground black pepper – simple seasonings that are needed when cooking any tender meat.
Should You Marinate Lamb Chops
This is entirely up to you! In our opinion, any cut of meat will be exponentially more juicy, tender, and flavorful if you take the time to let them marinate. You can easily make delicious lamb chops without using a marinade, but adding that moisture and aromatics found in a lamb marinade will bring them to the next level. We also have an easy lamb seasoning that you can use as another way to add even more flavor!
How To Make A Lamb Chop Marinade
This is so simple and begins by gathering all of your ingredients.
Place all of these ingredients in a medium bowl or mason jar.
Now whisk the herb marinade to fully combine. If you are using a mason jar, you can place the lid on time and shake vigorously to combine.
Then place your raw lamb chops in a deep baking dish, trying to keep them in a single layer, & let them come to room temperature.
Pro tip: you could also use a large resealable plastic bag!
And pour the marinade on top and let them marinate for as little as 30 minutes, but for best results we highly recommend marinating them overnight.
Finally, remove the lamb chops from the shallow dish, discard the remaining marinade, and cook them any way you want.
- how long to marinate – all depends on how much time you have. Ideally, overnight would be great but definitely let them sit for at least 30 minutes.
- should they marinate overnight – they don’t have to but they are even more juicy and flavorful if you do!
- meat thermometer – when cooking these lamb chops make sure you use a meat thermometer to keep an eye on their internal temperature.
- serving – after the lamb chops are done cooking, it would be great to enjoy them with our homemade lamb sauce.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Other Marinade Recipes You Might Like
Lamb Chop Marinade
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Marinate Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 1 batch marinade 1x
- Category: Marinade
- Method: Refrigerator
- Cuisine: American
Lamb Chop Marinade – an easy, delicious and fresh lamb chop marinade recipe that is perfect no matter how you cook your lamb chops!
- 3–4 tablespoons avocado oil (olive oil works)
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 1–2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Pat lamb chops dry with clean paper towels and place them in a glass container or reusable silicone bag.
- Pour marinade over top and ensure lamb chops are fully coated.
- Let marinate a minimum of 30 minutes or overnight.
- Cook however you want – we love these pan-seared lamb chops that we make in our cast iron skillet!
- Paprika: a little smoked paprika is also good in here – about a 1/2 teaspoon would be perfect.
Keywords: lamb chop marinade
Diane Bubeck says
Delish! Tripled the recipe to marinate 48 lamb lollipops. Didn’t change a thing!
So happy to hear that, Diane!
Delish! Made as written, adding the suggested smoked paprika. I marinated these for about 2 1/2 hours, then seared in an ovenproof skillet and finished in the oven. First time I ever did anything other than broil loin lamb chops with just salt & pepper. Will marinate from now on! Thanks for sharing your recipe.
So happy to hear that, Linda!