Light Citrus Buttered Prawns with Zoodles – a quick, easy and light meal that is perfect for summer! (whole30/paleo)
This is definitely going to be one of my new go-to summer meals!!!
First of all, there is something about the combination of mango, avocado and cilantro that just clicks with me – I don’t know about you guys. One of my favorite sushi rolls is spicy salmon with avocado, mango and cilantro. Soooo good.
I know I wanted to play around with those flavors and I remember making a spicy shrimp and mango sushi bowl (a long time ago…. those pictures!) and I just loved that flavor combo. I also knew I wanted it to be Whole30 and easy to make.
I thought the zoodles would be a fun combo (inspired by my Bolognese and Zoodles) and would pair will with the buttery (okay its actually ghee) flavor of the shrimp.
It all came together perfectly. But you have to remember the lime. I initially just threw it in as a garnish, but upon taste-testing – the citrus and the ghee together just works you guys.
I LOVED this dish and thoroughly enjoyed leftovers the next day (husband approved as well!). It would be a great meal for a really hot day when you don’t feel like doing much cooking!Print
Light Citrus Buttered Prawns with Zoodles – A quick, easy and light meal that is perfect for summer!
- 8–10 prawns
- 4 Tablespoons ghee, divided
- 2 small zucchini, spiralized
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup tightly packed cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In large cast iron skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of ghee on medium-high heat.
- Place prawns in pan and sprinkle the tops with salt.
- Reduce heat to medium and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip prawns and sprinkle other side with salt.
- Add additional Tablespoon of ghee if needed to ensure pan doesn’t dry out.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Remove prawns from pan and set aside.
- In same pan, add an additional tablespoon of ghee and then the zoodles.
- Turn heat up to medium-high and, using a pair of thongs, move the noodles around to ensure all are fully warmed through and coated with ghee.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Separate zoodles into two bowls.
- Place prawns on top.
- Add avocado, mango and cilantro – as desired.
- Squeeze lime wedge on top of bowl and then enjoy!