Spicy Shrimp, Mango and Avocado Sushi Bowl – packed with flavor, this bowl of goodness is a quick and easy weeknight meal!
Who doesn’t love a good sushi bowl…. They are always good, aren’t they? I am a HUGE fan of all things sushi (I swear I could eat it every day) so I was excited to try this new combination. I was inspired by someone on Instagram eating mango sushi rice and….. it just snowballed. I don’t even think I saw a picture of it, they just mentioned it in passing. Suddenly all I wanted was mango + avocado + sushi rice + soy sauce. I have no idea why. Then shrimp got thrown into the mix and cilantro…. and here we are. This wonderful bowl of absolute deliciousness that is SO EASY to make. Like, 30 minutes and your are done (unless your rice takes longer…).
I mean, the only things you have to cook are the shrimp and the rice! Everything else is just raw.
And you can easily leave out the spicy garlic-chili sauce if you aren’t feeling the spice or leave the shrimp out all together if you are vegetarian/vegan.
This is a perfect go-to meal for summer and right in my wheelhouse – you guys know I am a sucker for rice bowls….they are kind of my go-to. Here a couple of my favorites in case that is something you are into too (in which case, we should be friends….)
- Cilantro-Fried Rice Bowl + Avocado and Poached Egg
- Braised Boy Choy, Leek and Spinach Rice Bowl with Poached Egg
- Spicy Salmon Sushi Bowl
And an (early) Happy Mother’s Day to everyone out there!!! Celebrate each other, celebrate yourself :-).
Diggin the photography board? Check out our Etsy Store and take one home with you!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action (I am usually embarassing myself in the stories…) yay….. Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Packed with flavor, this bowl of goodness is a quick and easy weeknight meal!
- 1–2 cups cooked sushi rice (prepare per package instructions)
- 5–6 large shrimp (pre-cooked or raw)
- 1 Tablespoon garlic-chili sauce
- 1–2 Teaspoons avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 3/4 cup diced mango (fresh or canned)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 avocado
- sesame seeds for garnish
- soy sauce
- Cook sushi rice per package instructions.
- Take shrimp and toss in garlic-chili sauce.
- Take small skillet and add avocado oil and bring to medium heat.
- Add shrimp.
- If pre-cooked, move around in pan until heated throughout.
- if raw, leave in the pan longer (adding more oil if it gets dry) until fully cooked.
- Once rice and shrimp are both done, take bowl and add rice, cilantro, mango, shrimp and avocado.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve with soy sauce and additional garlic-chili sauce (or combine them!).
Thank you so much for reading & supporting The Wooden Skillet! This post contains affiliate links for products I actually use in my own home and personally recommend. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, The Wooden Skillet will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original content. Thank you!