The Most Flavorful Garlic Parmesan Wings
We love chicken for its versatility and ability to take on almost any flavor, and this recipe is no exception. Grab a handful of your spice cabinet staples and get ready to make some of the best chicken you’ve ever tasted.
What You Will Need
- chicken wings and drummies – Chicken drumsticks are perfect for dipping into this flavorful garlic parmesan wings sauce. And wings are just too delicious not to include.
- olive oil – Just a bit to keep your chicken moist and to keep the seasonings from falling off the meat.
- kosher salt & ground black pepper – Can’t for get about the OG seasonings!
Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce
- salted butter – The conduit for spreading this delicious sauce all over your chicken meat.
- fresh garlic – A robust flavor complete with nuttiness, some heat, and a mild buttery flavor.
- garlic powder – You can never have enough garlic.
- lemon juice – Adds a bit of brightness and acid.
- dried basil leaves – Enjoy hints of anise, pepper, and mint in this simple herb.
- dried oregano leaves – A nice pungent flavor that has hints of grassiness and mint.
- dried marjoram leaves – Brings a sweet piney flavor.
- dried thyme leaves – Laced with a bit of citrus, this herb keeps things light and balanced.
- ground black pepper – A classic woody flavor with some heat.
- red pepper flakes – For those who like a little kick.
- grated parmesan cheese – Rich, tangy, nutty, this cheese has it all and will take your dish to the next level!
How To Make Garlic Parmesan Wings
Start by patting your chicken dry with a clean paper towel. Then drizzle them with a high quality olive oil and some salt and pepper and toss to coat. This will help you to achieve perfectly crispy skin during the cooking process.
To prep your outdoor grill, make sure that the grill grates are clean and the grill is preheated to 400-450°F. Once your grill is heated, place your flat wings on direct heat for a total of 8-12 minutes or 12-16 minutes for drummies, flipping halfway. You’ll know when they’re getting close when they reach a gorgeous golden brown color, but always be sure to double check with an internal meat thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature is at 165°F before removing them from the grill.
How To Make Garlic Parmesan Sauce For Wings
While your chicken is cooking, you can focus on whipping up some simple homemade garlic butter sauce! Gather all of your ingredients for easy assembly.
Start by melting your butter in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat. Then remove the melted butter from the heat and add the remaining sauce ingredients and stir to combine.
Once your chicken is fully cooked, carefully remove them from the grill and into a medium sized bowl. You can either dump all of that delicious sauce over the wings or serve it in a small bowl to be used as a dipping sauce. Either way, your chicken will be slathered in the best tasting sauce.
Transfer wings to a serving platter lined with parchment paper for serving. And be sure to top them with additional fresh parmesan cheese, pepper, and parsley for that finishing touch.
- Storage: Store leftover wings in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Nutrition: Find the full nutritional information in the recipe card below.
Made these parmesan garlic wings and loved them?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Garlic Parmesan Wings – a seriously delicious garlic parmesan wings recipe that is perfect for an appetizer, main dish or tailgate party!
- approx. 2 pounds chicken wings and drummies
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- kosher salt and ground black pepper
Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce:
- 1/2 stick salted butter
- 2–3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (more for serving)
- Ensure grill grates are clean and set grill temperature to medium-high heat (400/450 degrees F).
- Pat chicken wings dry with clean paper towel. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Season lightly wth kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Place chicken wings over direct heat: 8-12 minutes total for flat wings and 12-16 minutes total for drummies, or until the reach an internal temperature of 163 degrees F, flipping halfway.
- Remove from grill and let rest 10 minutes – the internal temp will continue to raise 5 degrees during resting time. The wings will be safe to eat when they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, add butter to a small saucepan and let melt gently on medium-low heat. Remove from heat and add remaining Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Once wings are fully cooked and remove from the grill transfer a medium-sized bowl. You can either pour all the sauce over to the wings or reserve some for dipping.
- Serve wings on a plate topped with additional shredded or grated parmesan, fresh cracked pepper and fresh parsley.
- Storage: store leftover cooked wings in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1 wing
- Calories: 82
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 91.9 mg
- Fat: 7.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.3 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
- Cholesterol: 19.4 mg
Keywords: parmesan garlic wings