These super easy Honey BBQ Wings are made with real, simple ingredients and are a great appetizer for your next game day snack! Serve with some celery sticks and your favorite dipping sauce for a real crowd-pleaser!
The Best Honey BBQ Wings
No matter if it is the Super Bowl, a regular game day during football season, or you just have that chicken wing craving… this homemade honey bbq chicken wings recipe will really hit the spot! Everyone loves that classic sticky wing sauce, tender chicken, and you can make as much or as little as you like. Just don’t forget the dip! A classic ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing are a must for serving up the best honey bbq chicken wings!
Looking for another easy chicken wing recipe? You have to try our Parmesan Garlic Wings – so good!
What You Will Need
- raw chicken wings – feel free to make a lot of wings or just a few, depending on how many people you are feeding.
- kosher salt & black pepper – simple seasonings that are always a must when cooking any type of meat.
- barbecue sauce – we absolutely love the flavors of our homemade bbq sauce but you can also pick-up a store-bought version at your local grocery store.
- honey – just a little bit for that touch of sweetness that is so good!
How To Make Honey BBQ Wings
The first, easy steps to making this delicious honey bbq wings recipe are to place all of the thawed chicken wings on a baking rack, that is on top of a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Season them generously with salt & pepper.
Place the entire pan in the preheated oven to bake at 400 degrees F and about 30-35 minutes of cook time or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F (use a meat thermometer) and they are golden brown.
After you let the chicken rest for about 5 minutes, place wings in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the bbq sauce and honey. Drizzle this sweet honey bbq sauce mixture over the crispy wings.
Toss to coat all sides of the chicken wings. Enjoy these sticky wings any way you want!
Best Way To Serve Honey BBQ Wings
These tasty little chicken wings are great all on their own, but we love nothing more than dunking them in some homemade ranch dressing or blue cheese salad dressing! And then we always have some carrot sticks and celery sticks on the side, just like your favorite wing restaurant would have. The perfect appetizer that will quickly become a family favorite!
- Frozen chicken wings: we highly recommend thawing the chicken wings before cooking, but you don’t have to. They will just need to bake longer than thawed chicken wings will take.
- Crispness: if you like really crispy chicken wings, you will want to pat the wings dry with a paper towel before seasoning with salt/pepper, and then make sure they are spaced out in a single layer on the wire rack. You don’t want them touching each other!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Honey BBQ Wings – a quick and easy chicken wing recipe that is perfect for a quick dinner or your next game day!
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs fresh chicken wings
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Place BBQ sauce and honey in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place an oven-safe wire rack on top and spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken wings on top, try not to let them touch, and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven, middle rack, and let cook for 30-35 minutes or until fully cooked (internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Place cooked wings in a medium bowl and drizzle with as much sauce as desired. Toss to coat.
- Serve immediately with ranch dressing or any other desired sauces.
- Serving Size: 6oz
- Calories: 84
- Sugar: 17.9 g
- Sodium: 290.8 mg
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.9 g
- Protein: 1.2 g
- Cholesterol: 2.4 mg
Keywords: honey bbq wings