This delicious homemade Poppyseed Dressing is perfectly sweet with just a bit of tang and citrus! Perfect for all of those summer salads, like our strawberry chicken salad!
A Creamy Homemade Poppyseed Salad Dressing
Once we discovered just how easy it is to make our own salad dressings at home, we hardly ever buy a store-bought dressing any more. Typically, we already have the ingredients at home and they come together in less than 10 minutes! Our southwest dressing and blue cheese dressing are just a few examples of the other amazing homemade salad dressings you can make in your very own kitchen. This perfectly sweet poppyseed dressing is no exception. It is the perfect topping for all of your fresh summer salads! You have to try it!
What Is Poppyseed Dressing Made Of
- apple cider vinegar – perfect for a slight vinegar tang.
- lemon juice – a bit of acidity to help amplify all of the great flavors!
- olive oil – a little is needed for most homemade dressings.
- honey & orange juice concentrate – these provide just the right amount of sweetness.
- onion powder & kosher salt – a little seasoning is always essential when making your own salad dressing.
- dijon mustard – just a little for some added flavor.
- poppy seeds – the signature ingredient in this recipe!
- plain greek yogurt – a nice creamy base for your dressing! You also have the option to use an unsweetened dairy-free yogurt, if you want!
How To Serve This Homemade Poppyseed Dressing
We love this dressing for so many different salads, especially ones that are signature to the summer! Our favorite is strawberry chicken salad, but it would also be good on a strawberry spinach salad or an easy grilled chicken salad.
This dressing can easily be made in a mason jar which is also perfect for storing it in the fridge. It will be good in the fridge for up to 3 days.
How To Make Poppyseed Salad Dressing
You can begin by measuring out your ingredients.
Place all of your ingredients in a mason jar.
Secure the lid and shake vigorously.
Enjoy on your favorite salad or store for later.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Other Salad Dressing Recipes You Might Like
Green Goddess Dressing
Healthy Caesar Dressing
Dairy Free Ranch Dressing
Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: Approx. 1/2 cup
- Category: Dressing
- Method: Counter Top
- Cuisine: American
Poppyseed Dressing – a simple, delicious poppyseed dressing recipe made with simple, real ingredients. Perfect for a summer salad!
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon poppyseeds
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons plain greek yogurt OR plain/unsweetened dairy-free yogurt
- Add ingredients to a mason jar.
- Place cover on tightly and shake – alternatively you can whisk ingredients together.
- Taste and adjust any flavors, as-needed.
- Serve on your favorite summer salad – we love it on this Strawberry Chicken Salad!
- Sweetness: if you want to increase the sweetness, start with an additional teaspoon of honey or even a teaspoon of coconut sugar (note: this will change the color) or granulated sugar.
- Storage: store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: poppyseed dressing
Leave a Rating & Comment