Butter Poached Lobster Tails – a simple, but decadent holiday dish that is sure to impress!! Perfect for a fancy Christmas dinner!
This post is sponsored by ALDI USA, but the opinions are my own.
Butter Poached Lobster
When it comes to the holidays it is so much fun to elevate your recipes and really make them special, BUT sometimes that means a lot of extra work! Not the case with these Butter Poached Lobster Tails! They are so incredibly simple, yet full of decadent flavor – perfect for Christmas Eve, Christmas Dinner or New Year’s Eve. Serve with some Brussel Sprouts and Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes!
I am so excited to be partnering with ALDI USA to bring you this delicious holiday recipe! I used their Specially Selected Wild Caught Cold Water Lobster Tails to make this incredibly simple holiday recipe. I love that they are sustainably harvested and wild caught!
I have been shopping at ALDI for years now and they are my go-to during the year and especially during the holidays! We are going to have a packed house this Christmas and will be hosting a ton of people! My first stop for my ever-growing grocery list is always ALDI since their prices are so low! My house will be stocked for all of my guests this year with lobster and a million other goodies!
How to Remove the Lobster Meat
Don’t be intimidated by that lobster shell! I promise you it isn’t difficult!
First, use a pair of sharp kitchen shears to cut down the middle of the underside of the shell.
Then, simply use your hands to break the shell away and peel out the meat!
Are these Butter Poached Lobster Tails Whole30 + Paleo
Yup! The only ingredients are lobster, ghee and some salt and pepper!
What to serve with Butter Poached Lobster
Other recipes you might like:
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
Butter Poached Lobster Tails – a simple, but decadent holiday dish that is sure to impress!! (Whole30 + Paleo)
- 1/4 cup Carlini Ghee Clarified Butter, plus additional for dipping
- 2 or more Specially Selected Wild Caught Cold Water Lobster Tails, thawed
- Stonemill Salt and Stonemill Ground Black Pepper
- Using sharp pair of kitchen shears, cut down the full length of underside of the lobster tail.
- Using your hands, pull the lobster meat away from the shell and fully remove it.
- Place on plate and pat dry.
- Repeat with however many lobster tails you are cooking.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add ghee to 12 inch cast iron skillet and bring to medium heat.
- Once ghee is hot, carefully place lobster into pan and allow to cook 1-3 minutes per side or until meat is no longer translucent.
- Once fully cooked, remove and place on plate.
- If you are going multiple batches, add additional ghee to the pan, as necessary.
- Serve immediately with additional melted ghee for dipping.
- Amount: Feel free to cook as many lobster tails as you want!
- Shells: You can certainly leave the tails on during the cooking process, it does add extra flavor to the dish. It really comes down to personal preference, I just like to be able to serve and eat right away and to take the shells off before cooking. If you choose to leave the shells on while you cook just add an extra minute or two to the cook time.
- Poaching Method: there are 3 different poaching methods – we are using the Shallow-Poach method here where the lobster isn’t fully submerged.
Keywords: butter poached lobster