A no-bake, easy breakfast or after-workout snack!
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup (heaping) raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 5 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup flax meal
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 oz dark chocolate
- sea salt
- Place cashews, almonds and dates in food process and process for approximately 2 minutes.
- Take medium mixing bowl and add cashew butter, flax meal, maple syrup and processed mixture.
- Using your hands, combine all ingredients until it makes almost a cookie dough.
- Take a bread pan and line with parchment.
- Place mixture in pan and press down evenly and firmly until it is spread out.
- Place chocolate in medium saucepan and slowly melt on medium/medium-low – using a spatula to mix.
- Pour chocolaté on top of mixture in bread pan and use spatula to cover evenly.
- Place in refrigerator for an hour to let chocolate harden.
- Cut into either strips or squares (chocolate will break a little when you cut it).
- Store in refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.