Our roasted cherry tomatoes recipe is quick, simple, and full of flavor. All you’ll need are fresh tomatoes, a few cabinet staples, an oven, and you’ll have yourself a delicious side dish, sauce, or spread that the whole family will love.
The Most Delicious Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
This is one of our favorite ways to use up the abundance of cherry tomatoes that summer has to offer. This is a great recipe to make a big batch of if you’re serving a crowd and want to wow them with the best flavors. The roasting processes caramelizes the natural sugars in the tomatoes and brings them to a gorgeous jammy consistency, making them perfect on bread or pasta.
How Long To Roast Cherry Tomatoes
The roasting process takes about 20-30 minutes in the oven. We have found that this is the perfect amount of time to get perfectly roasted tomatoes. You might need to adjust your cooking time depending on if your oven runs hot.
What You Will Need
- fresh cherry tomatoes – We love ripe cherry tomatoes for their perfect size and juiciness, but you could truly use any tomato variety in this recipe. Larger tomatoes like Grape tomatoes and plum tomatoes have thicker skins and a bit less water content, but they’ll still work if that’s what you have available.
- olive oil – Just a touch of olive oil to keep your tomatoes juicy and moist. You can always sub with another mild tasting oil like avocado oil.
- kosher salt & ground black pepper – Just a bit to enhance the natural savory flavors.
How To Roast Cherry Tomatoes
Start by gathering your ingredients and preheat your oven to 400 °F.
Next, rinse your cherry tomatoes to make sure they are free of grime and debris.
Then place your cleaned tomatoes in an even layer on a shallow sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil and toss to ensure the tomatoes are coated (we threw some garlic on the pan too just because …. why not!).
Get your salt and pepper and generously season your tomatoes. Once seasoned, place the roasting pan in the middle oven rack of the oven and let them roast for 20-30 minutes or until they’re starting to burst.
Once roasted, its always a good idea to remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the tomatoes cool.
- Cherry Tomatoes: You can really use whatever kind you wish . We used on-the-vine cherry tomatoes and some multi-colored cherry tomatoes for testing this recipe. We loved what the mix of colors did for the flavor and color of this recipe.
- Storage: Store your oven-roasted cherry tomatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes – a super simple roasted cherry tomato recipe that is perfect on grilled bread or served with pasta!
- 20–30oz cherry tomatoes*
- 2–4 tablespoons olive oil (sub avocado oil)
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place tomatoes on a shallow baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil; toss to coat.
- Season generously with kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Place in oven, middle rack, and let roast 20-30 minutes or until they are starting to burst.
- Remove and let cool. Serve with grilled bread or in our Cherry Tomato Pasta!
- Cherry Tomatoes: you can really use whatever kind you wish – we used on-the-vine cherry tomatoes + some multi-colored cherry tomatoes for testing this recipe and they turned out so good!
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 46
- Sugar: 1.5 g
- Sodium: 126.8 mg
- Fat: 4.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.2 g
- Protein: 0.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: roasted cherry tomatoes