Roasted Frozen Vegetables are easy to make and will have you asking yourself why you haven’t used this shortcut earlier! This simple side dish is one of our favorite healthy cooking hacks and will have you reaching for that bag of frozen veggies at the grocery store when you know a busy week is ahead.
Easy Frozen Roasted Vegetables
We’re all about fresh vegetables, but we also know that sometimes there’s just not enough time to peel, chop, and prep a whole bunch of veggies for dinner. There are a lot of different ways to get veggies on the table, and this is our favorite for when we’re in a pinch or when we want simple meal prep. This is a simple cooking process for when life gets busy and you still want to serve a nutritious meal.
What You Will Need
- frozen vegetables – Our favorite veggies are a blend composed of broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, and carrots. If you’re using different vegetables, be sure to adjust the the roasting time if they’re smaller than the ones we used here.
- olive oil – Helps the veggies to get evenly cooked throughout.
- kosher salt & ground black pepper – Just a bit to add some extra flavor throughout.
How To Make Frozen Roasted Vegetables
Start by preheating your oven to 425 degrees F. We’ve found that a high temperature helps to keep the veggies from getting soggy. Next, pick out your favorite frozen vegetable blend. We love the California blend with our baked cod and homemade tartar sauce.
Next, pour the veggies onto a rimmed baking sheet in an even layer and then drizzle them all with a thin layer of oil and toss to make sure that they’re all evenly coated.
Season with just a bit of kosher salt and ground black pepper to let all of those natural flavors shine their brightest! Place the baking sheet in the hot oven on the middle rack and let the veggies roast for around 13-17 minutes, tossing halfway through.
If you want your roasted veggies a bit more crispy and browned, place them under the broiler for 1-2 minutes. Then remove the hot sheet pan from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.
We tested this recipe with a California blend, but if you’re using an option with smaller veggies, just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Made this easy recipe of mixed vegetables and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Learn how to easily roast frozen vegetables! The perfect side dish for any meal and so easy – just 4 ingredients and 15 minutes!
- 24oz frozen vegetables
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, more if needed
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Pour out frozen vegetables onto rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Season with kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Place in oven, middle rack, and let roast approx. 13-17 minutes, tossing halfway, or until cooked through.
- Feel free to finish under the broiler for 1-2 minutes if you want to brown them a bit more.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Serve and enjoy!
- Veggies: we tested this on a California blend with broccoli, cauliflower and carrots – if you are using an option with smaller veggies, adjust the cook time accordingly.
- Storage: store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 4 oz
- Calories: 53
- Sugar: 3.8 g
- Sodium: 198.8 mg
- Fat: 1.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.4 g
- Protein: 1.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: roasted frozen vegetables