Whole Roasted Carrots + Honey is aa delicious, simple recipe that makes a great side dish for any meal! Feel free to use the walnut and goat cheese or keep it simple with the just the honey!
Best Whole Roasted Carrots
A super easy side dish that is great for a family dinner or Holiday meal. You can keep it simple and just serve with honey, but feel free to add in the goat cheese crumbles and walnuts for something a little extra special.
What You Will Need
- whole carrots: go for the highest quality carrots here, I promise it will be worth it!
- honey: we are roasting these carrot in honey and then also drizzling a little extra on top after roasting.
- olive oil: this is mixes in with some honey and is brushed on the carrots before roasting.
- kosher salt: just to pump up the flavor.
- walnuts (optional): these add a nice crunch!
- goat cheese (optional): this compliments the honey and the carrot flavors!
How to Make Whole Roasted Carrots
Prep your carrots (clean them and remove the stems). Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Combine the olive oil + honey and brush all over the carrots.
Roast until soft, but tender.
Remove from oven.
Place on a platter.
Drizzle with additional honey.
If you want to add the goat cheese and walnuts – toss those now and serve!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Whole Roasted Carrots + Honey – a delicious, flavorful whole roasted carrot recipe that is simple, elegant and full of flavor!
- 12–16 whole carrots, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3 oz soft goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 2–3 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine honey and olive in a small bowl; whisk to combine.
- Place carrots on parchment-lined cookie sheet. Brush all over with the olive oil/honey mixture. Sprinkle with a little salt.
- Place in the oven, middle rack, for 30-40 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Place carrots on serving platter and drizzle generously with honey. Sprinkle with goat cheese crumbles and walnuts.
- Carrot Cook Time: start checking at 30 minutes – total cook time will depend upon your thickest carrot.
- Toppings: feel free to just use honey as the topping, but it is fun to play with the walnuts and/or goat cheese!
Keywords: whole roasted carrots