Spicy Mayo is a versatile and fun condiment to be able to whip up on a moments notice and we have a “super-easy” version as well as a from-scratch version as well!!
Spicy mayo is something I have been making FOREVER and I can’t believe it has taken me this long to get it up on the site! We use this for kinds of recipes like these Salmon Sushi Bowls, Pork Belly Tacos, Pork Belly Sandwiches and Sushi (especially these Spicy Salmon Rolls)!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Easy: this recipe can be as simple as mixing siracha with mayo!
- Adds a pinch of spice: sometimes a sandwich is good … but it still needs a little something. Enter Spicy Mayo.
- Versatile: not only can you control the spice level, but you can use it for so many great recipes!
What is Spicy Mayo Made Of?
That depends if you are making it from scratch or not 🙂 If you are using the shortcut (which is completely fine – we do it all the time) then it is simply: mayo + siracha sauce. If you are making it from scratch there are few more ingredients since you are making the mayo from scratch – check out the recipe card for the full ingredient list!
What Does Spicy Mayo Taste Like
It is bold, rich and creamy – the spice level varies, but in this case it tastes like a creamy siracha sauce!
What to use it for…
How to Make Spicy Mayo
Grab your ingredients.
Combine in a small bowl.
Stir and taste. Add additional sriracha, as desired.
Use however you like!
We love it on pork belly tacos!
And salmon sushi bowls!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Spicy Mayo Recipe – an easy recipe for spicy mayo 2 ways (a from-scratch version and a super easy version) – perfect for sushi, sandwiches, etc.!
From the Fridge:
- 1/2 cup mayo of your choice
- 1 tablespoon siracha
- 3/4 cup extra light olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons siracha (feel free to start with a bit less if you don’t want it too spicy)
From the Fridge:
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Add olive oil, egg, white vinegar, dijon mustard and kosher salt to wide mouth mason jar.
- Take your immersion blender and place at the bottom of the jar.
- Blend on high.
- Don’t start moving blender up and down until the mixture starts to emulsify and then start moving blender around to incorporate everything.
- Blend until fully incorporated.
- Add siracha and blend a bit more, until fully combined.
- Taste and add more siracha, as desired.
- Yield: the from-scratch version makes closer to a cup.
Keywords: spicy mayo, spicy mayo recipe