Garlic Confit – a simple and delicious culinary technique that leaves you with the most savory garlic and beautifully infused olive oil!
If you are looking for a way to liven up your next recipe, look no further than Garlic Confit…
I can speak from experience when I say, I know that sometimes when you are eating Whole30, you just crave some different flavors. You get a little tired of eggs and sweet potatoes. I get it. That is where beautiful add-ins like Garlic Confit can REALLY liven up a recipe.
What is Garlic Confit? Garlic Confit is raw, peeled garlic cloves simmered in either rendered chicken fat or olive oil (along with some salt and thyme). Through this process, the garlic loses any spiciness it had before and turns into this savory and delicious piece of garlic butter – seriously you guys, it is absolutely amazing. And the resulting olive oil is so infused with garlic that using it in any garlic-friendly dish will just elevate your recipe that much more.
The garlic itself can be used to make sauces, dressings, vinaigrettes …. you could throw it on a salad… the possibilities are endless. it is like roasted garlic on steroids…… in a good way.
As for storage, place in an airtight, glass container and it will last for 3 weeks in the fridge.
Hope you guys have a good start to your week!
A simple and delicious culinary technique that leaves you with the most savory garlic and beautifully infused olive oil!
- 1 cup rendered chicken fat or olive oil
- 2 heads of garlic, with cloves peeled
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher salt
- 2–4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Place rendered chicken fat or olive oil into small saucepan.
- Add whole garlic cloves, salt and thyme.
- Let simmer, covered, approx. 1 hour or until garlic becomes browned.
- Add additional salt to taste.
- Store in airtight glass container in fridge for up to 3 weeks.
- Use garlic and/or leftover olive oil or chicken fat for cooking as well.
- (second option is to add olive oil/chicken fat, garlic cloves, salt and thyme to oven-proof pan and place in oven at 250 for 2-2.5 hours).
Thank you so much for reading & supporting The Wooden Skillet! This post contains affiliate links for products I actually use in my own home and personally recommend. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, The Wooden Skillet will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original content. Thank you!