Baked Gnocchi is a quick and easy weeknight dinner that the whole family is going to love! It is packed with pillowy soft gnocchi, flavorful vodka sauce, and perfectly melted mozzarella cheese.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY:
This post is sponsored by Primal Kitchen, the opinions are my own.
Simple Baked Gnocchi Recipe
A delicious and easy weeknight dinner is always on the menu for our family, especially on school days! This baked gnocchi recipe can be made in about 30 minutes and with only about 8 real, simple ingredients. With a little help from our friends at Primal Kitchen’s No Dairy Vodka Sauce, we know you are going to love this one – the whole family will! You definitely need to add it to your next meal plan for the week.
Let’s dig into one of the major reasons this is SO GOOD … we are using Primal Kitchen’s No Dairy Vodka Sauce to create a creamy and delicious texture and flavor. This has truly become my go-to pasta sauce for spaghetti night. I love the cashew-based creaminess and the flavor is insane – plus I love the simple, real ingredients!
If you love a good baked pasta too, you also have to try our Cheesy Baked Rigatoni!
What You Will Need
- olive oil – a splash in the pan to help sauté the garlic and onion.
- garlic & sweet yellow onion – a classic combo to get the flavor party started.
- gnocchi – we love picking up store-bought to make this a quick weeknight dinner, but you could also make your own if you are feeling ambitious.
- vodka sauce – you have to use Primal Kitchen’s No Dairy Vodka Sauce – it’s the best!
- lemon zest – just a sprinkling really helps to amplify all the great flavors in this dish.
- fresh basil – the perfect flavor to pair with all of the fresh mozzarella!
- fresh mozzarella cheese – there is simply nothing better than fresh mozzarella.
- optional: spinach & parmesan cheese – we love tossing in a vegetable (like spinach) and sprinkling some parmesan on really brings it over the top.
Can You Bake Gnocchi Without Boiling
You do NOT need to boil the gnocchi before adding to this dish. Gnocchi cooks very quickly, so it doesn’t take long. The combination of the moisture from the sauce and cook time in the oven ensures that the gnocchi is cooked perfectly! We use a similar method in this Creamy Tuscan Chicken + Gnocchi recipe!
We tried to keep this recipe simple, so there are a variety of variations you could do to really make it your own or change something each time you make it. It is amazing as-is, but if you are looking to make some adds or changes we highly recommend these options:
- protein – if you want some added protein, some Italian sausage, ground beef, or chicken would be great in this dish.
- vegetables – we love tossing in some spinach for an added veggie, but you could also use zucchini or mushrooms.
- whipped ricotta – another way to take this recipe to the next level is to serve it with a little whipped ricotta! It’s an added step, but so easy to make and the flavor is SO GOOD!
What Should I Serve With Baked Gnocchi
There are so many great foods you could serve with baked gnocchi! We love pairing it with a vegetable like grilled broccoli, simple steamed green beans, or sautéed zucchini. Another great option would be some, grilled bread, which is always amazing!
How To Make Baked Gnocchi
Begin by sautéing the garlic and onion in a splash of olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat.
Next, pour in the Primal Kitchen No Dairy Vodka Sauce.
Then add the gnocchi, lemon zest, fresh basil, & spinach (if using) and stir to combine.
Now place your slices of fresh mozzarella on top.
And cover and move the skillet to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes at 425 degrees F.
Option to top with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and more fresh basil. Enjoy!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Baked Gnocchi Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner/Entree
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian-Inspired
Baked Gnocchi – an easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love! This baked gnocchi recipe is simple and SO GOOD!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 32oz packaged gnocchi (premade)
- 23.5oz jar Primal Kitchen No Dairy Vodka Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- (optional) 1-2 handfuls fresh spinach leaves
- 8oz fresh mozzarella
- for serving: grated parmesan cheese and additional fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Bring large skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil; swirl to coat the pan.
- Add garlic and move around pan until fragrant, approx. 30 seconds.
- Add onion and move around pan until it softens a bit, about 1 minute.
- Add gnocchi, Primal Kitchen No Dairy Vodka Sauce, lemon zest, fresh basil and fresh spinach (if using). Stir to combine.
- Top with fresh mozzarella and place an oven-safe lid on top.
- Place in oven and let cook 20-25 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling, gnocchi is firm but tender and cheese is melted.
- Remove and let cool slightly.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese, more fresh basil – grilled bread or whipped ricotta would be amazing too!
- Gnocchi: feel free to just use 16oz gnocchi .. it will just be a lot saucier (of course you can always use a bit less sauce to account for the reduction in gnocchi) – do what works best for you!
- Dairy-Free: to make this dairy-free use a dairy-free mozzarella and dairy-free parmesan cheese.
- Whipped Ricotta: serving this with a little whipped ricotta really takes it to the next level!
- Storage: store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Meat add-in: you can easily add in some ground Italian sausage or ground beef to this – cook in the skillet (drain any excess grease) and then move on to adding in the gnocchi and sauce in Step 6.
Keywords: baked gnocchi
Leave a Rating & Comment