How to Roast Cauliflower in the Oven – how to roast a whole head of cauliflower in the oven so it turns out every time! (Dairy-Free/Whole30/Paleo/Plant-Based)
Could not be easier, you guys!
This is one of those recipes that always comes in handy – a whole head of cauliflower is a great entree or it can be cut up to be used in a salad or just as a regular side dish!
How to Roast a Whole Cauliflower:
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- Remove leaves and stem from cauliflower so the bottom is flat.
- Rub with garlic, olive oil, salt pepper.
- Roast in oven for 30-40 minutes.
How to Reheat Cauliflower:
I get asked this question a lot – honestly the best way is to put it back in the oven at 350 until it is hot. You can also reheat it in the microwave, but it can get a little mushy. Otherwise, you could also sauté in a saucepan on the stove top too!
Other cauliflower recipes:
- Buffalo Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps (Whole30/Paleo)
- Roasted Cauliflower Mason Jar Salads (Whole30/Paleo)
- Curried Cauliflower Soup (Whole30/Paleo)
- Italian Roasted Cauliflower Salad (Whole30/Paleo)
How to Roast Cauliflower in the Oven – how to roast a whole head of cauliflower in the oven so it turns out every time!
- 2–3 raw garlic cloves, very finely minced or grated
- 2–3 Tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 whole head of cauliflower with leaves removed and bottom stem cut so it is flat
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine Garlic Rub ingredients in small bowl.
- Take cauliflower and place in cast iron skillet (a cookie sheet will work too).
- Rub Garlic Rub all over cauliflower and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven on middle rack for 30-40 minutes (for a firm texture).
- Remove and let cool slightly.
- You can omit the the Garlic Rub, if desired, and simply use olive oil, salt and pepper.
- If you want to speed up the cooking process you can also cook a whole head of cauliflower in your Instant Pot!