Ultimate Shrimp and Chicken Green Curry (Whole30) – the most delicious bowl of curry you will ever taste!
This. Curry. Is. The. Best. It is just too good, you guys!
Happy first day of January Whole30!!! If I was really on my game I would have had this post up this morning, but I was too busy preppin for this month of healthy eating!! (And sleeping because me and the hubs did make it until midnight for New Year’s Eve….). But here she be – and it was worth the wait…..
This is my absolute favorite curry. Ever. It has everything in it and the flavor is just beyond.
So when my husband did his first Whole30 (it was my second) we both kind of it that moment, around the end of the 3rd week or so, when you just want to eat something different. You get a little sick of some of your go-to’s and your taste buds just crave…. something. Cue this curry. I made it for us and it just had so much flavor in it that we literally devoured it. It woke up our taste buds and was just everything we needed at that moment. Serve it over cauliflower rice or just eat it like a soup, it doesn’t matter because it is SO good. So, so good.
It is not a 30 minute meal by any means, it takes a bit of work – so this is one you want to make on a weekend (the leftovers are even better, in my opinion) and have on a cozy Sunday night. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as we do (did)!!!
Finally, I just want to say to any first-time Whole30’ers …… you guys are freakin awesome!!! I remember being overwhelmed and unsure during my first Whole30, I know how you feel and I am here to tell you that you are amazing for putting the effort into making positive changes in your lives and that you can (And will) do this!!!
This month is going to be pretty much all Whole30 recipes and they are all SO yummy – can’t wait to share them all with you guys!!
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced (divided)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cans coconut milk (full fat)
- 2 jars green curry paste
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoons ground curry powder
- 2 Teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 large russet potato, cubed
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces (slice thick pieces in half)
- 1 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 can bamboo shoots, drained
- ½ cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 pound large shrimp
- 1 small yellow onion, quartered
- salt and pepper
- Bring wok to medium heat and add olive oil and two cloves of garlic.
- Stir constantly until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Allow chicken to cook fully, stirring as needed.
- Remove chicken and place on plate, set aside.
- Add remaining garlic and stir until it becomes fragrant.
- Add coconut milk, chicken broth, curry paste, curry powder and cumin.
- Stir until well combined.
- Add potato, carrot and bamboo shoots.
- Let simmer 2 minutes.
- Add basil and put the chicken back in.
- Add onion, mushrooms and shrimp.
- Stir and then cover and let simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Taste and adjust any seasoning (curry powder, salt or pepper) to taste.
- Serve as is or over cauliflower rice (or regular rice if not doing Whole30).