Baked Spaghetti Squash + Meatballs – a delicious make-ahead dinner that you can just throw in the oven! (Paleo + Whole30 + DF + GF)
Baked Spaghetti Squash + Meatballs
A Whole30/Paleo version of baked spaghetti!
This is my fun spin on your traditional baked spaghetti recipe! I LOVE how easy it is! So you are basically making Italian meatballs and then tossing in some spaghetti squash to bake and soak up all the yummy flavors. So, so good and such a great weeknight meal – so easy to meal-prep!
How Can I Prep this Baked Spaghetti Squash + Meatballs
Yes! I would suggest prepping the ingredients ahead of time (I actually have this pictured below!). So make sure you have the following:
- Bake the meatballs ahead of time and place in the refrigerator (covered).
- Cook your spaghetti squash ahead of time either in the Instant Pot or in the oven.
- Before serving place meatballs back in the oven, uncovered, for 20 minutes (or until heated throughout). Remove from the oven and stir in the spaghetti squash. Return to the oven for 10 minutes and then serve!
What to Serve with Baked Spaghetti Squash + Meatballs
Here are some easy veggies you could serve with this meal:
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:Print
A Whole30/Paleo version of baked spaghetti!!
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3–4 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 1 jar marinara sauce (approx. 16oz)
- 1–2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine all of the Meatball ingredients in medium mixing bowl and mix thoroughly (using your hands is usually the easiest).
- Take a heaping tablespoon of the ground beef mixture and use your hands to roll it into a meatball. Continue until all the meat is used (you should have around 20 meatballs).
- Place meatballs in medium-sized casserole dish, approximately 1/2 – 1 inch apart.
- Sprinkle the tops lightly with salt and pepper and cover with marinara sauce.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add spaghetti squash and stir to loosely combine.
- Sprinkle with nutritional yeast (optional).
- Place back in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
This is an easy meal to meal-prep: simply make the meatballs ahead of time (you could even just bake them without the sauce if you wanted) then place them in a casserole dish, along with the sauce (if you haven’t used it already) and reheat in the oven at 350 for 15-20 minutes (or until heated through). Then add the spaghetti squash for another 10 minutes.
Keywords: Baked Spaghetti Squash