Healthy Meatloaf Recipe – a comforting and delicious meal the whole family will love!
(Paleo + Whole30 + Dairy-Free)
Seriously the best meatloaf recipe ever. Perfect every time.
I know some people’s initial reaction to meatloaf is …. eh meatloaf? I know. I get it. But you HAVE to try this version. It is one of my absolute favorite meals and my kids devour it every time! This recipe is a true family favorite!
What to Serve with It
- we put ketchup or BBQ sauce on top of the meatloaf after cutting it into thick slices
- baked potato (with dairy-free sour cream)
- simple roasted broccolini
- steamed broccoli
- sautéed zucchini
- Instant Pot spaghetti squash
- Herbed Potatoes
Is it Paleo + Whole30
Yes! This recipe is Paleo/Whole30 compliant, but if you aren’t concerned with either of those two lifestyles then you can use oats instead of the almond flour! That’s actually how I grew up eating it, but the almond flour works great too!
How to Store It
I would store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days!
Is this Meal-Prep Friendly
Yes! I prep it all the way until it is in the bread pan (just before you would put it in the oven). Then I just wrap it with foil (or whatever works for you) and store it in the fridge overnight until I am ready to bake it! Makes dinner SO easy! Plus, we usually serve a baked potato with it and a big baked potato takes about as long as the meatloaf to make so we just pop them in the oven together and they are ready about the same time!
How to Make Healthy Meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 350
- Add all ingredients into medium mixing bowl and mix thoroughly (I usually just use my hands)
- Place mixture in bread pan, making sure it is evenly spread out.
- (I usually take some more salt and pepper and sprinkle on top for a little “crust”)
- Bake for 1.5 hours.
- Let cool slightly before transferring to plate and cutting into thick pieces with knife.
- (We usually serve with ketchup – but feel free to use whatever you want!)
Other Recipes You Might Like:
- Salsa Verde Chicken (IP + Slow Cooker)
- Homemade Marinara Sauce
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Fried Zucchini
Healthy Meatloaf: A healthy meatloaf recipe that is Whole30/Paleo and Dairy-Free! A tried and true recipe your family will LOVE!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup almond flour (if you aren’t worried about Whole30/Paleo you can use 1/2 cup oats instead)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2–3/4 cup diced yellow onion
- Preheat: Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix: Add all ingredients into medium mixing bowl and mix thoroughly (I usually just use my hands) until well-combined.
- Bread Pan: Place mixture in bread pan, making sure it is evenly spread out.
- Seasoning: Sprinkle a little extra salt and pepper on top for a little “crust” (optional).
- Bake: Bake for 1.5 hours.
- Cool: Let cool slightly before transferring to plate and cutting into thick pieces with a sharp knife.
- Serve: Serve with ketchup or BBQ sauce.
- Ground Beef/Ground Pork: if you don’t have ground pork you can just use 1.5lbs total of ground beef)
- Spraying Bread Pan Beforehand: You don’t need to spray your bread pan before use, there is enough fat in the meat that it doesn’t end up sticking. But if you want to it doesn’t hurt.
- Almond Flour Substitution: Feel free to use oats instead of the almond flour. It will no longer be Whole30/Paleo but it will still be gluten-free (just make sure oats are certified gluten-free) and just as healthy!
- What to serve with it: We usually put some ketchup or BBQ sauce on top of the meatloaf and then also serving it with some broccoli and baked potato!
- How to store it: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days. It makes really good leftovers!!
Keywords: healthy meatloaf recipe, paleo meatloaf, whole30 meatloaf, dairy-free meatloaf
Thank you so much for reading & supporting The Wooden Skillet! This post contains affiliate links for products I actually use in my own home and personally recommend. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, The Wooden Skillet will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original content. Thank you!