This simple Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Bake is a seriously delicious and easy weeknight dinner! Made with tender chicken breasts, fresh broccoli florets, a creamy Alfredo sauce, and spaghetti squash. A great way to enjoy a spin on the classic chicken Alfredo!
Healthy Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Bake
This is definitely going to be on weekly rotation in our house! It is the middle of winter, you guys, and I don’t know about you, but I am all about the cozy, delicious casserole dishes right now! This chicken broccoli Alfredo bake is PERFECT for all these cold winter days! The vegan Alfredo sauce is dairy-free and so yummy! The spaghetti squash noodles make it gluten-free and it is also Whole30/Paleo. Of course you can absolutely change things up and use regular noodles and/or homemade Alfredo sauce. Up to you and your preferences!
Looking for another weeknight chicken dinner option? Try our Easy Weeknight Greek Chicken Bake!
What You Will Need
- boneless skinless chicken breasts – the perfect lean meat for this easy casserole recipe!
- kosher salt & ground black pepper – simple seasonings that are always needed when cooking any type of meat.
- olive oil – just a drizzle over the chicken breasts help them cook nicely in the oven.
- broccoli florets – we prefer to use fresh broccoli for best results but you could also use frozen broccoli, it just might be a little bit watery.
- spaghetti squash – a great way to add another vegetable to the mix and keep the recipe gluten-free.
- Alfredo sauce – option to make your own or grab your favorite option from your local grocery stores.
How To Make A Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Bake
To get this easy recipe started, place the raw chicken breasts in a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Bake on the middle rack of the oven at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes.
Take the baking dish out of the oven and add the broccoli florets. Return to the oven to bake for another 15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
Now remove the chicken breasts from the casserole dish and cut into large chunks. Add the chicken back to the pan, along with the cooked spaghetti squash and Alfredo sauce.
Mix to fully combine and return to the oven for another 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.
This might be surprising but this recipe is pretty versatile! Here are a few suggestions on how you could possibly change it up:
- chicken breasts – we kept the seasoning simple with salt and pepper, but you could level up the flavor and use our blackened seasoning to coat the chicken.
- Alfredo sauce – in the recipe card we link to our Vegan Alfredo sauce to keep the recipe Whole30/Paleo, but you could also make our regular Alfredo sauce!
- spaghetti squash – depending on how much time you have, we have options for cooking the spaghetti squash in the oven or in an Instant Pot. Or you could just use regular noodles!
Meal Prep Ahead Of Time
What we would suggest is prepping all of the ingredients ahead of time! To make sure you have the following:
- Cook the chicken breasts and cut into 1 inch chunks.
- Have your homemade Alfredo sauce made and store in the fridge (or have your jar of store-bought ready).
- Cut up the broccoli into small pieces.
- Cook the spaghetti squash (in the oven or in the Instant Pot).
Then when it is time for dinner, just throw everything together in a casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees F until bubbly (if everything is cold this will take about 30-45 minutes).
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Bake – a delicious and flavorful dinner casserole that is made with real, simple ingredients!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place chicken breasts in 10.5 x 7.5 casserole pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake on the middle rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove and add broccoli florets to the baking dish. Return to oven for 15 more minutes (or until chicken is fully cooked – internal temp of 165 degrees F. I recommend using an internal meat thermometer).
- Remove from oven and place chicken breasts on a large plate to rest for 5 minutes. Then cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Place spaghetti squash, cubed chicken, and Alfredo sauce to the casserole dish along with the broccoli and mix together.
- Place back in the oven for 20-30 or minutes, or until bubbly.
- Remove and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 6oz
- Calories: 139
- Sugar: 8.7 g
- Sodium: 920.1 mg
- Fat: 4.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.7 g
- Protein: 8.3 g
- Cholesterol: 18.2 mg
Keywords: Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Bake