Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Bake (Paleo + Whole30 + Dairy-Free + GF) – a seriously delicious and easy weeknight dinner!
Healthy Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Bake
This is going to be on weekly rotation in our house!
It is the middle of winter, you guys, and I don’t know about you, but I am all about the cozy, delicious casserole dishes right now! This chicken broccoli Alfredo bake is PERFECT for these cold winter days! The homemade Alfredo sauce is dairy-free (although you can use this store-bought kind instead if you want to make this even easier) and so yummy! The spaghetti squash noodles make it gluten-free and it is also Whole30/Paleo!
Can I Prep this Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Bake Ahead of Time
What I would suggest is prepping all of your ingredients ahead of time! So make sure you have the following:
- Make sure your chicken breasts are cooked and cut into 1 inch chunks.
- Have your homemade Alfredo sauce made (or have your jar of store-bought ready)
- Cut up your broccoli
- Cook your spaghetti squash (in the oven or in the Instant Pot)
Then when it is time for dinner, just throw everything together in a casserole dish and bake at 350 until bubbly (if everything is cold this will take about 30-45 minutes – just keep your eye on it! I haven’t tested combining everything the night before and then baking it the next day – my only concern is the spaghetti squash might get a little mushy if left in the Alfredo sauce.
Fresh or Frozen Broccoli
I would highly recommend fresh broccoli – I personally just think it tastes better!
Boneless or Bone-In Chicken Breasts
Boneless Chicken Breasts are definitely recommended for this recipe! Bone-in chicken breasts take significantly longer to cook and cutting them into nice chunks is much harder! You could, however, use boneless chicken thighs if you were in a pinch! Just reduce the cooking time accordingly.
Other recipes you might like:Print
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Bake – a delicious and flavorful dinner casserole that is dairy-free, gluten-free, Whole30 and Paleo!
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place chicken breasts in 10.5 x 7.5 casserole pan. Drizzle with a olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove and add broccoli. Return to oven for 15 more minutes (or until chicken is fully cooked – internal temp of 165. I recommend using an internal meat thermometer).
- Remove from oven and place chicken breasts on a large plate to rest for 5 minutes. Then cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Add spaghetti squash, chicken, Alfredo sauce into the casserole dish along with the broccoli and mix together.
- Place back into the oven for 20-30 or minutes, or until bubbly.
- Remove and serve immediately.
Keywords: Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Bake