Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes – the most delicious and creamy mashed potatoes made in minutes and packed with flavor! (Whole30 + Paleo)
Perfect for a quick side dish or the holidays!
I’m a big fan of comfort food, especially in the cooler months, and one of the BEST comfort foods is a big bowl of mashed potatoes. So warm and creamy! I love them even more when they can be made with real ingredients and in a matter of minutes in the Instant Pot! The perfect weeknight side dish with the most amazing flavor.
Preparing them in the Instant Pot is also a nice way to get one of your holiday side dishes off the stovetop – so quick and easy. The whole family will love these!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Easy – the instant pot makes this in 9 minutes (+ pressure time)!!
- Creamy & Delicious – peeling the potatoes plus the addition of coconut milk makes these potatoes so wonderfully creamy.
- Perfect for the holidays – putting mashed potatoes in the instant pot is the perfect way to get one of your side dishes off the stovetop + make them super fast!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Russet potatoes
- Coconut milk
- Ghee or butter
- Kosher salt
- Garlic powder
- Dried rosemary
- Garlic salt
RECIPE FAQs & TIPS
- Should I peel the potatoes? – you don’t have to peel them but they will have a creamier texture if you do.
- Do I have to use a hand mixer? – No, you don’t have to use a hand mixer. You can use a potato masher too. I like that the hand mixer also makes the texture more creamy.
- Can I store the leftovers? – Absolutely! You can store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-6 days.
- Coconut milk – I prefer this carton of coconut milk. You could also sub in almond milk here, but coconut milk makes them a little extra creamy.
- Ghee – to keep this recipe Whole30/Paleo you will want to use ghee but you could also use butter.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT GARLIC MASHED POTATOES
Step 1: Peel the potatoes and cut them into 6-8 large chunks. Place them in the Instant Pot with just enough water to cover them.
Step 2: Cook on high pressure for 9 minutes. Manually release pressure immediately (according to manufacturer’s instructions).
Step 3: Drain the potatoes and return them in the Instant Pot.
Step 4: Begin mashing the potatoes and add the rest of the ingredients.
Step 5: Mash the potatoes to your desired consistency.
Step 6: Enjoy!
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:Print
Instant pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes – the most delicious and creamy mashed potatoes made in minutes and packed with flavor!
- 6 large russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup ghee or butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Peel potatoes. Cut each potato into about 6-8 chunks.
- Add potato chunks to your Instant Pot and then add enough water to just barely cover them.
- Place the cover on the Instant Pot and set to Seal.
- Cook on HIGH pressure for 9 minutes.
- Manually release pressure immediately (according to manufacturer’s instructions).
- Drain the potatoes and return to Instant Pot.
- Add ghee (or butter), coconut milk, salt, garlic, garlic powder, rosemary and garlic salt.
- Use a hand mixer to mix.
- Taste and add additional seasoning, as desired.
- Peeling Potatoes: Peeling the potatoes are optional, but it will turn out creamier if you do peel them.
- Coconut Milk: You could also sub in almond milk here, but coconut milk makes them a little extra creamy. I prefer this carton of coconut milk.
- Ghee: To keep this recipe Whole30/Paleo use ghee, but you can easily sub butter if you prefer.
- Hand Mixer: You could also just use a potato masher here, but I prefer to whip them with a hand mixer. Use whatever you prefer.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5-6 days.
- Cook Time: The 9 minute cook time does not include the few minutes it will take for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure.
Keywords: instant pot garlic mashed potatoes