Grilled Bell Peppers – a quick and easy side dish for any meal!!!
Can’t wait for you guys to become grilled bell pepper pros!
Grilled Bell Peppers 101
These are SUPER simple to make and pretty much go with any meal! They are perfect as is or you can stuff them with taco meat, ground turkey, etc. after they are done!!
How to Prep Bell Peppers for Grill
- Ensure they are clean (I usually soak mine in a 50/50 vinegar/water mixture for a little bit and then rinse.
- Cut off the stem.
- Cut in half lengthwise and then in half again so there are four chunks.
- Drizzle with olive oil (use hands to massage oil into every nook and cranny.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Best Kind of Bell Pepper to Grill
Honestly that is just a personal preference!! The yellow and orange bell peppers tend to be the sweetest, then the red and green bell peppers really aren’t sweet at all. So I would just pick based off of that! Otherwise they cook the same in my experience!
How to Store Grilled Bell Peppers
Just place in airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 3-5 days!
How to Grill Bell Peppers
Step One: Ensure grill grates are clean and preheat to 450 degrees F. Remove stem from bell peppers and then cut in half lengthwise and then in half lengthwise again (so you have 4 pieces).
Step Two: Place on plate or baking sheet and drizzle with a little olive oil. Use your hands to massage in the oil all over the bell pepper halves. Season with salt and pepper.
Step Three: Grill on direct heat (directly over the flame) for 2-3 minutes per side, or until it is slightly charred. Remove carefully and serve immediately.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
How to Grill Bell Peppers – a simple, step-by-step tutorial on how to grill amazing bell peppers!
- 2–4 bell peppers (any color)
- olive oil
- Ensure gill grates are clean and preheat grill to 450 degrees F.
- Clean bell peppers and then cut the top off/remove the stem.
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise and then in half lengthwise again so you have 4 pieces.
- Use a paring knife to cut out the seeds and whites.
- Place on plate or baking sheet and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Use your hands to massage in the oil all over the bell pepper halves.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Grill on direct heat (directly over the flame) for 2-3 minutes per side, or until it is slightly charred.
- Remove carefully and serve immediately.
- Bell Pepper Color: use whatever color bell pepper you want! The yellow and orange peppers are the sweetest with the green being the least sweet.
- Storage: to store simply place in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for 3-5 days!
Keywords: how to grill bell peppers, grilled bell peppers