These easy Grilled Bell Peppers are a quick and easy side dish for any meal! Just follow this simple tutorial to learn how to grill bell peppers all summer long!
The Best Grilled Bell Peppers
These quick and easy grilled peppers are super simple to make and pretty much go with any meal! Perfect for enjoying on their own or you can stuff them with taco meat, ground turkey, etc. after they are done! We love to grill a variety of bell peppers all summer long. Just toss them on anytime you are grilling any of your favorite summer recipes!
What You Will Need
- fresh bell peppers – use any of your favorite bell pepper colors or a variety of different ones!
- olive oil – just a drizzle to help prevent sticking and with the roasting process.
- kosher salt & ground black pepper – simple seasonings that are always a must!
How To Grill Bell Peppers
Ensure grill grates are clean and preheat to 450 degrees F. Remove the stem from each pepper and then cut them in half lengthwise and then in half lengthwise again (so you have 4 pieces).
Best Kind of Bell Pepper to Grill
Honestly that is just a personal preference!! The yellow and orange bell peppers tend to be the sweetest, then the red and green bell peppers really aren’t sweet at all. So I would just pick based off of that! Otherwise they cook the same in my experience!
Place peppers on a plate or baking sheet and drizzle with a little olive oil. Use your hands to massage in the oil all over the bell pepper halves. Season with salt and pepper.
Grill on direct heat (directly over the flame) for 2-3 minutes per side, or until it is slightly charred. Remove carefully and serve immediately.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Grilled Spatchcock Chicken
Grilled Bell Peppers
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 16 minutes
- Yield: 2–4 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Grilled Bell Peppers – a simple, step-by-step tutorial on how to grill amazing bell peppers! Enjoy them all summer long!
- 2–4 bell peppers (any color)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Ensure gill grates are clean and preheat grill to 450 degrees F.
- Clean bell peppers and then cut the top off/remove the stem.
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise and then in half lengthwise again, so you have 4 pieces.
- Use a paring knife to cut out the seeds and whites.
- Place on plate or baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and use your hands to massage in the oil all over the bell pepper halves.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Grill on direct heat (directly over the flame) for 2-3 minutes per side, or until they are slightly charred.
- Remove carefully and serve immediately.
- Bell Pepper Color: use whatever color bell pepper you want! The yellow and orange peppers are the sweetest, with green peppers being the least sweet.
- Storage: simply place in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for 3-5 days!
Keywords: how to grill bell peppers, grilled bell peppers
Leave a Rating & Comment